“Excellent Experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was traveling to Chicago for a wedding with my wife and 5 month old daughter. The Sofitel made me feel like a member of royalty. They were very accommodating to our every need. Not only did they set up a crib, with sheets, they put an extra refrigerator in our room when they heard we had formula that needed to be kept cold. That's right, I didn't even ask them for the refrigerator, they just added it to our room. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who asks me where they should stay in Chicago.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Bonjour Josh S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower with your family.
I so appreciate that you considered your experience as `excellent'. So glad that you found the staff `very accommodating to every need' and that your entire stay met your expectations. This is very important to us that you would recommend our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I stay at this hotel every single time we come to Chicago (2-3 times per year) and we have never been disappointed. The beds are comfortable, the views are awesome, room service food is yummy, everything is clean, the bathrooms are HUGE, and the staff is super pleasant. What more could you want? Oh yeah, the price is REALLY low for the quality!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view! There are LOTS of elevators and they are fast, so there...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Dear TripAdvisor Contributor (arwaycas),

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am so pleased by the headline you chose.
I am very happy to see that you always have such a pleasant time here at our magnifique property, and that you are so very comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel Mybeds.
Thank you for your kind comments not only about the design of our room and bathroom, but also about our outstanding team.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back to your `favorite hotel' in the very near future!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was traveling to Chicago on business over a weekend and needed a hotel. My usual spot was booked, so I started looking around at the excellent choices in the Water Tower neighborhood. I landed on the Sofitel due to positive experiences at Sofitel properties in Philly and Strasbourg France.

I booked a standard king room for this trip and didn't expect any special treatment because I'm not elite with the Accor loyalty program. Check-in was seamless and the staff were professional. The hotel layout is a central core of elevators in a triangular shaped building. The room was spacious for a standard room. The layout of the room was what I'd call "typical" but the bathroom was very large.

Lots of electrical outlets, comfortable desk chair and arm chair. The bed was extremely comfortable as well. The bathroom was large, with plenty of counter space and water pressure. Overall, the room would work for 2 people (i.e. a couple). The decor was modern and bright and more luxurious than many hotels in the area (and I've stayed at virtually all of them)>

The neighborhood (the hotel is basically at Chestnut and Rush) is great for most business needs and is an excellent location for leisure activities as well. The public areas of the hotel were decent (though the lobby was more set up for check-in and transit vs. meetings or relaxing). The bar was quite nice with an outdoor seating area. Most of the clientele were tourists. Since know Chicago well, I didn't make use of the Concierge.

Compared to some of the larger properties (Hyatt Regency, InterContinental etc), the place is quite which is nice. Overall, I'd recommend the Sofitel for a visit to Chicago for either business or leisure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CS_NewYorkCity
Bonjour Dear TripAdvisor Contributor (CS_NewYorkCity),

I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your visit at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I was pleased to read the positive points you mentioned. I will be sure to share your kind words regarding the service with our staff. It means a lot to us as well that you mentioned having liked our rooms and bathrooms design. Also I was glad you enjoyed your stay thanks to our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
Thank you for recommending our hotel in Chicago. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

North Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A perfect orchestration of staff, location, architecture, service elevating hospitality to an art form. This is a most amazing establishment. Though this is a large luxury hotel in the Gold Coast area of Chicago, it had the same charm and personality as their quaint Hotel Mercure Paris La Sorbonne I visited last year in Paris. The Sofitel Chicago Water Tower is everything you would want in a hotel, but would be surprised to find in one establishment.

Room Tip: Just ask. The staff is very genuine and honest.
Green Features: Green Leaders Gold level. The Sofitel Chicago Water Tower's environmentally friendly practices are as advertised.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas H
Bonjour Dear TripAdvisor Contributor (tch9992),

Thank you for your very generous comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am so pleased that your overall guest experience was perfect.
Also I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service and attitude is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.
Thank you for highlighting our green practices as well.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in our `amazing establishment'.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

First class hotel, great service, beautiful decor and terrific location. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I'm in Chicago. Close to Chicago attractions (like the Willis Tower) and the running path along Lake Michigan.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David W
Bonjour David W,

I was very pleased by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property and our `great service'. I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.
Finally, I really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the location of the hotel.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I spent 4 nights at the Sofitel Water Tower Chicago. Just about everything about the stay was great. The staff was courteous, professional and extremely helpful and friendly. Room was quite deluxe. 4 stars because the bed wasn't quite up to what I expected. Nothing really terrible-just not quite like the Westin beds. I didn't eat in the restaurants so I can't comment on the food. The location was extremely convenient-just 2 short blocks off Michigan Ave. Concierge was super helpful. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: It's in the city so don't expect great views. I was on 21st floor. My room faced John Hanco...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Ellen W
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Bonjour Ellen W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay amongst us. I truly appreciate your feedback. I have noted your comment regarding the bed and should you find the bed too soft, it will be our pleasure to remove the feather bed to make it firmer. Do not hesitate to contact our guest services if you need anything during your next stay.
My Ambassadors and I were happy to learn that you consider the service `courteous, helpful and friendly'. This means a lot to us.
Lastly we are happy to know that you found our location very convenient.
Looking forward to welcoming you back for another `great stay',
Best regards,

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Well located and opposite two good restaurants, this is a great place to stay if you like a modern hotel. It has very nice staff and comfortable rooms. We could not fault anything. We were on the 31st floor which was quiet and had good views. There are four lifts which are so efficient that the wait was minimal. The glass clad building is something of a landmark with its unusual triangular tapering design. Internally this means that the floors have an intimacy that other large hotels do not.
The breakfast restaurant was always busy but the staff coped well and the food was good if a little expensive.
The concierge service was exceptional with pleasant and knowledgeable staff. We had a problem with a tour booking that our travel agent had made and it was all sorted out for us efficiently.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view. Avoid rooms near the ice machines.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Intertravelorlondon
Bonjour Dear TripAdvisor Contributor (intertravelerLondon),

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am very honored to read your words concerning our hotel and staff. They all have been recognized for the outstanding service they provide constantly.
I am delighted to know that our hotel's appearance exceeded your expectations. In fact, we celebrated our 12-year anniversary last June; our unique design by architect Jean-Paul Viguier has made us one of the Chicago skyline's 'architectural gems'. I am also happy to know that you appreciated our breakfast at Cafe des Architectes.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our `modern' property really soon.
Kind regards,