On a fairly recent trip to Chicago, I split my time between the Sofitel and Dana Hotels. The Sofitel is a polished, modern, hip, yet comfortable hotel. More sophisticated and grown up than a W or the Dana. I stayed 3 nights in a very nice suite. I appreciated the great windows/light, comfortable furniture and best designed and functional storage/luggage areas I may have ever seen in a hotel. The bathroom was also very spacious and featured Hermes toiletries. (Overall the rooms/hotel were not as plush or refined as a Four Seasons, but perhaps equal to Park Hyatt or similar.) Standard rooms though very nice, are certainly less impressive and I actually would probably select the Dana Hotel for their excellent basic amenities/rooms, if my budget did not allow for a suite.
The best and most unexpected feature of the Sofitel to me was the wonderful lobby restaurant. Daily breakfast was included in my package and to my delight, it was impressive and delicious. We also enjoyed an amazing 5 course dinner, thank to the very talented and charming French head chef that went out of his way to make us an incredible meal. (I apologize for forgetting his name!) Service and food all around was fantastic but if you eat one meal there, I have to say the breakfasts really stood out. It's worth a special trip even if you are not a guest of the hotel. One of the best I have had in Chicago! On the weak side, the fitness facilities are limited and there is no on-site spa/pool. Also, I never received a chocolate tray that was supposed to be included in my package, but the over-the-top meal provided by the chef more than made up for it.
I am extremely picky and a self proclaimed hotel snob. Overall, I was very impressed with the Sofitel and will be glad to return. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fair value in a stylish, luxurious, sophisticated hotel in a great location- as long as you are ok with the limited amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel