“A wonderful mother-daughter trip at the Sofitel”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #23 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My teenage daughter and I took advantage of a package that allows you to book three nights, get a fourth night free, plus a picnic packed by the hotel on the day of your choice. The location of this hotel is outstanding. Just steps away from the hustle and bustle of Mag Mile, yet those few blocks make all the difference in terms of a peaceful retreat at the end of the day. Also, every restaurant and shop you could imagine was in the neighborhood. We had excellent meals at Feast (down the block) Eve, and Petterino's (in the theatre district before Billy Elliot). Room service breakfast excellent, as well. Rooms are very nicely appointed, beds sooo comfortable, and the hotel honored our request for a high floor, quiet room (we were on the 27th floor). This is an excellent location to enjoy all that the beautiful and friendly city of Chicago has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,481)

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We found a great bargain here on one of the travel sites, and decided to book it for a night out on the town. This hotel was more than we could ask for - especially for the price. It was close to all the action. In addition, the lobby and bar were modern looking and attractive. The rooms were updated and had flat screens. If we can find this hotel at a similar rate again, we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My business partner and I travel to Chicago every year for a convention. Last year we stayed at the Ritz Carlton and it was very nice, if not a bit stodgy. We had walked by the Sofitel and I thought I'd give it a try. The hotel is very modern and beautiful. Even though I'm 40 years old now, I can at least pretend that I am young and hip. We booked 2 junior suites for about the same as we would've paid at the Ritz. My partner got a awesome corner room. I ended up in a 'disabled' junior suite. While I would've preferred my partner's room, my room was still very nice. Being that it was for disabled guests it had 2 seperate showers and a seperate tub in the bathroom. It also had these really cool automatic curtains that my partner's room didn't have. Anyway, stil a really cool room. There are two bars downstairs both pouring great French Champagne by the glass. We ordered room service a couple of times and it was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My husband and I went to the Sofitel for our Anniversary and it was FANTASTIC! We live in the western suburbs and love going into the city. The hotel is in a perfect location - couldn't have asked for a better spot.
When we got to the hotel we were nicely greated by staff and were even welcomed by Nicolas the hotel manager (how nice is that). Our check-in with Alex was a breaze - very friendly. We stayed on the top floor (32nd) and the view was incredible.
We did have dinner at the hotels restaurant and LOVED everything about it. Our waiter Gjergji was so friendly and very attentive - we loved him- would definately ask for him to be our waiter again. We ordered the fish platter appetizer and it was sooo GOOD. I ordered a fish dish and my husband ordered the lamb chops both of which were very delicious. They also have a very nice wine list. Since it was our anniversary the hotel treated us to dessert which was also very good. During our dinner the chef came out to see how everything was and we were also visited by Kristina the restaurant manager both of whom were so nice. The entire restaurat staff exceeded our expectations so we knew we would go there for breakfast - how could you resist? The breakfast was also very good - loved the coffee and pastry basket - yummy - crapes were also very good! We often go on vacation and stay at very nice hotels - the Sofitel exceeded our expectations from the moment we walked in. The decor is incredible (modern yet very cozy). Rooms - beds are also so comfy - rooms had nice plasma tv and bose radio - bath products were L'Occitane now how often to you see such premium products in a hotel? I LOVED IT! The staff extreamly friendly - the service is above par and the restaurant is just to die for. We definately will be going back maybe we'll make it an annual trip for our anniversary. If your torn on where to stay in Chicago - I wouldn't think twice the Sofitel is just the perfect hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I was in chicaco for a job interview and did not book this hotel. I guess thats why I was upgraded to the 5th floor corner suite. The suite was very big, with a nice flat screen TV, nice desk and a confortable king size bed. Because this was a corner room, the windows were full length and made the room feel must larger than it really was. The hotel was very good. The lobby is spacious and well kept. The staff are very polite and helpful.

The only problem I experienced in the morning. Dont really know why this hotel dooes not have a better taxi rank. This being a mostly business hotel, they know that mornings are the busiest time for people. Its not fun trying to wait for a taxi for 30 minutes in the rain. They must fix this.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I stayed at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower for 4 nights with my mother. Great staff who are attentive, whilst remaining unobtrusive. We loved the view, the bar and the ambience. Superb bathrooms and the hotel is spotlessly clean.

The location is excellent and it really cannot be beaten. We simply loved it!

I would not think twice about staying here again or recommending it to others. It beats the Intercontinential where we spent the first 2 nights of our trip.

It really was a fabulous stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I have stayed numerous times and always found it to be an excellent choice..Great location near shopping and the lake. Rooms are nice with good natural light. Also nice to have a glass of wine outside in nice weather. Outstanding value for a high quality hotel..

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business