“Unexpected surprise”

Ranked #76 of 359 Coffee & Tea in Chicago
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: South Loop
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I didn't expect this place to be this nice to be honest, but this place was blew me away!!
Yummy brunch menu, very clean and cozy place, and friendly staff. You'll love it!

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

I was in Chicago yesterday to visit Field Museum and had little extra time to kill. My search engine showed this cafe hiding in the building forest. Little Branch Cafe - a perfect suiting name for this hidden gem, tucked in the corner of a high rise condo building didn't look too inviting at first. Inside was a whole different story. Interior featured wooden floor, wooden chairs, and even bar stools made of tree chunks, remind you of being in a small forest.
I ordered Denver omelette and Mascarpone french toast. The omelette had the usual ingredients, but this one had pepper jack cheese, creating a new flavor. The french toast had mascarpone cheese in between 2 thin slices of toast, surrounded by sweet, creamy vanilla sauce topped with blueberry compote. A must try!
I washed all down with their mimosa - a weekend specialty for only $5. It was very refreshing.
The staff was really friendly. Even the head chef came out every now and then to check up on the customers.
I would strongly recommend this place to anyone visiting this area. You won't regret!!

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We like to explore various neighborhoods of Chicago when we visit for the weekend, and we first stumbled across Little Branch Cafe a couple of years ago when checking out the South Loop. There's not much around it -- just some (newish) condo buildings -- but it's worth the walk over. It's got a nice, neighborhood cafe feel to it. The interior is nothing fancy or especially charming, but it's welcoming and had great light. Service was a bit slow (they were busy and seemed a tad understaffed), but very friendly. The menu had a number of appealing options, ranging from decently healthy to brunch-bad-for-you; both of us were pleased with our food (I had a breakfast sandwich and my partner had French toast). The coffee tasted great! All-in-all, it's nothing remarkable, but a solid option for an affordable, pleasant brunch and good conversation with friends, family, etc. I wouldn't put it on the top of my list of places to recommend, but I'd happily return.

1  Thank brmusicman
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Great food and good value. Great spot for breakfast! I really liked everything about this spot except maybe the parking. If I was a local to the south loop, I'd be here every weekend, But it was a pleasant surprise when working on the area. The food was great, the place was clean and the atmosphere was nice. I'd recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The Korean lady there unfortunately spoke poor English so got my order wrong big time... And I used to be an English as a second language teacher so I spoke really simply and slowly. Just make sure if a Korean lady there takes your order she reads it back to you. It's a relaxing place with decent food in a very nice area so worth a visit. What I didn't like is that they stopped seri g breakfast at around 2 on the weekend and we came 10 minutes after and couldn't get eggs so we left. You would have thought if they wanted our business they would have made an exception as it wasn't crowded..