“Cool place to stay. Amazing restaurant”
Review of Longman & Eagle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
Longman & Eagle
Ranked #10 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The food here was incredible. Reasonably priced accommodation. Location was good as it was right near the blue line which took you to and from the airport. Would definitely stay again and would easily recommend Longman and Eagle

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We recently visited our daughter who lives in Chicago. She had recommended we stay @ L&E since it was so close to her place in Logan Square. The rooms are so clean and efficient--reminded me of rooms in Europe. The bed was incredibly comfortable. I had read several comments about the noise, but didn't find it to be a problem. And I am pretty noise sensitive. It may be that the noise was somewhat muted since it was cold and the outside seating wasn't being used. Best of all was the great service. Everyone was so nice, friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here one night (only one was available) during my honeymoon. We booked Room #55 which overlooks the street and is right atop the bar area. The room is FABulous!!!! Awesome decorations, SUPER CLEAN, remarkable bath fixtures, and comfortable bed. The Inn keeper rewarded our honeymoon stay with a comp'd bottle of bubbly. It was very much appreciated!!!!

We ate and drank at the bar below and enjoyed everything they put out. The food was bomb-tastic and the Bourbon list was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!! Being a stone cold bourbon nut, I was beyond excited to work my way through their expansive list of tasty treats.

Since we got into town very early, we are able to leave our things with the hostess and they were in our room when we returned. Same with checkout. They could not have possibly been more hospitable.

Once we got back from our honeymoon and everyone asks about it, we always find ourselves talking about Longman and Eagle. Waht am amazing place!!! I can't wait to come back!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 55 and it was AMESOME!!! The noise from below did not bother myself or my new bri...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan L
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Our food was amazing, drinks eclectic and above all great service! Just let your server tell you what to order. Jessica did not steer us wrong! If you love craft cocktails you will love this place. Best chicken I have ever had. Don't be scared of all the big words just ask what they are or ask for favorites/most popular. You'll be good to go!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed for two nights from Sat 'til Mon and cannot recommend to stay in the inn rooms unless you intend to get dead drunk from whiskey at the bar and you want the shortest way to your bed and won't hear the noise from downstairs. The inn rooms – nicely refurbished but poorly insulated against noise coming from downstairs – are right above one of Chicago's hip restaurants-cum-bar, open 7 nights a week. While the price for a single room was fair, the price for a double room single occupancy I felt was a rip-off. The management wouldn't bother about my request to adjust the price for the double but rather referred to their terms&conditions (who acutally noone reads before booking a hotel room). Apparently, they've gotten already too drunk from their success...

Room Tip: room #43 seems less noisier than room #7
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Graubuendner
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights last week.

The room was clean and comfortable--good value for your money, and, while you could hear people from the bar and eating dinner outside, it didn't keep us awake.

We ate breakfast there both mornings and it was delicious.

The bar was fun, and we got reservations for dinner our second night--we had great food.

The location of L & E is right by the Blue Line--very convenient, and L & E is in Logan Square so it is close to Revolution Brewery, Scofflaws, and other good places to eat and drink.

We'd definitely stay at Longman & Eagle again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I still feel a little guilty at staying here for the price. The rooms were stylishly furnished, extremely comfortable and so, so cheap. We're not used to ultra-hip places that are also accommodating, comfortable and affordable. You need to stay here before the yuppies drive the prices up. Some reviewers have noted noise concerns. We were in the cheapest room, quite close to the bar/restaurant area. We noticed some noise, but it certainly didn't affect us - and my partner is a very light sleeper. Also - this is a great location for travellers as it's right near a train station that goes direct to both the city centre and airport.

Oh and there's lotsa whisky downstairs...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple