“Very Good Selection”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clark
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Very much enjoyed the food & they had what was essentially a sampler platter that allowed you to try the key sauce/prep styles along with some Naan & chapati, which was cool. The Naan wasn't all that impressive, but everything else was excellent. Recommended

Reviewed 25 August 2013

A colleague and I had dinner at Bombay Spice while in Chicago on business. It was an easy walk from our hotel downtown. First the negatives – the front door was very heavy; I watched people struggle with it upon arriving at the restaurant, and it banged noisily every time the server went outside to wait on the outdoor tables, which was every couple of minutes. The music was also very loud, although I guess I got used to it. The service was mediocre, and the food was decent. We both had the build-your-own entrée consisting of a base (all vegan), a sauce (all vegan), and entrée (veggies, chickpeas, tofu or meat). The food was actually better than most Indian restaurants I’ve eaten at where the menu is heavy on meat and creamy dishes.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Think Chipolte but Indian food. It's a great idea but I'm not sure it's quite perfected. However, I would give them another chance.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

It's Indian food, but the restaurant feels sort of like a chain restaurant concept. Basically you choose your sauce (masala, curry, spinach, etc.), then your rice (basmati, brown, etc.), your protein (vegetarian, chicken, shrimp, etc.) and vegetable (potato, chick peas, cauliflower, etc.). Then you add extras -- naan, samosas, etc. So it's very formulaic. For me, the food was OK. But I live in an area where there are lots of Mom & Pop Indian restaurants, so I'm a bit more critical when it comes to Indian food.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Ordered delivery to my hotel of vegitable samosa, chicken curry and naan. I took one bite and threw the samosas away. I don't know what the main dish was but it did not look like anything I had previously tried and was simply inedible. The naan turned out to be uncooked pita bread like one would pick up in a supermarket. I pretty much had to throw most of all away.I would have been better off to go to Walgreens and get a pre-packaged sandwhich.