“off the path gem”
Review of Goosefoot

Goosefoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Goosefoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #483 of 9,767 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North Washtenaw Ave.
Transit: Brown Line Rockwell Stop – Walk one and a half blocks north on Rockwell, turn left on Lawrence, walk 2 blocks.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

nice inside, welcoming staff. chef caring and humble. Food was very good, interesting mixes; gels and foams. Not stuffy. Need advance reservations.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have wanted to come to this place for a while but reservations are difficult to get as they do not answer the phone and the online system always indicates no availability. Dropping by the restaurant when they are open is a good way to secure reservations. The space is lovely and well decorated, and the staff is friendly and service is good. BYOB is also a good selling point for me as well, since I can bring wine that I have been saving for a good meal. The food is presented beautifully, with carefully arranged decorations. A typical dish has a line of sauces or vegetable bites, and each dollop is decorated like a miniature flower arrangement. The cooking and taste of the dishes, however, are rather traditional albeit well prepared. I had expected unusual dishes or novel pairing of tastes, but nothing too surprising. This may be in the tradition of Chef Chris Nugent, whose dishes at Les Nomades were also well prepared but very traditional in taste and preparation.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

My friend and I ate at Goosefoot last Thursday evening and had a wonderful evening. The food was fabulous and the wait staff were excellent. Our servers explained each course, and in some cases, how best to eat it. Each course was creative, beautiful and best of all, delicious. The owners, Nina and Chris Nugent were lovely - coming by to make sure we were enjoying our meal. Chris chatted with us for quite some time when he found out we were from out of town. Chicago is a real foodie town and Goosefoot is another great restaurant to try. If it were in my neighbourhood, I would be there at least once a month to see what Chris has cooked up!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We were so impressed with every courses...well composed, delicious, creative, and beautiful. It may be one of our favorite culinary destination of all time. The front of the house and service were relaxed and yet excellent. We cannot wait to come back soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is the second time I've been here. Has been unbelievable both times. Great food. Great staff. We just keep making a new reservation every time we go. It's a great experience all around.