“Wonderful personal experience”
Review of Goosefoot

Goosefoot
Reserve with OpenTable
Goosefoot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #414 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North Washtenaw Ave.
Transit: Brown Line Rockwell Stop – Walk one and a half blocks north on Rockwell, turn left on Lawrence, walk 2 blocks.
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Had a wonderful meal at Goosefoot recently. 9 delicious courses with not one bad course among them- all meticulously plated and absolutely delicious. It is also BYOB with no corkage fee which is nice as well. The best part of it was the personal touch by the owners- while we never met the chef/husband, the wife was very warm and the service wonderful. They even gave my wife a signed menu with a very nice and personal message at the end of the meal. The only downsides- and I'm nitpicking for sure- some of the courses in the beginning seemed to have a fair amount of time in between them so the pace seemed to drag at times- and it isn't a cheap meal by any means but the value is definitely there and you get what you pay for in this case. Definitely worth trying.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I recently ate at Goosefoot and all the hubbub around the menu is well-deserved. The restaurant is booked well in advance so if you're just passing through Chicago, it's likelier that you will experience a solar eclipse than get a coveted reservation at this out of the way foodie-culture restaurant. With some advance planning ( not my strong point) or a bit of good last-minute karma you will be seated at this intimate edge of Lincoln Square hot spot. The atmosphere is subdued and the staff uber-attentive. The chef, Chris Nugent, a Les Nomades alum, and his Brazilian wife bet the farm on this unlikely culinary mecca and with expectations high, we were not disappointed. Each course was impeccably prepared and a vision of loveliness on the plate. Micro flowers, hyper-intensely flavored root vegetables and sauces that my mother never dreamed of all resulted in a 4 hour event that was well worth every 135 of the dollars that the prix-fixe menu commanded. It's BYOB, so the value was amplified by the comfort in knowing that the $30 bottle of wine was actually a $30 wine brought from my local store and not a triple-markup special from a vendor under pressure at the end of the fiscal year. My friends and eat out frequently and are known to be accepting of most, but praising of few, diners. I looked for flaws, service blips and thousand other reasons not to venture again to the land of no taxis, but I found none. I loved it, I booked another table in 2 months and I will again send a plaintive email in the early morning hours to benefit from a last minute cancellation in hopes of seeing those teeny tiny flowers atop a perfectly prepared course sooner rather than later....

Reviewed 18 December 2013

It was a special night out for us - celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I had heard great things about Goosefoot and wanted to try it. Let me get the only negatives out first: it is difficult to get into (books quickly), it is in a somewhat sketchy part of town, and it is not cheap. Now for the positives. The husband and wife team that run the restaurant are some of the nicest people you will meet. The service is impeccable. The food is absolutely amazing. While the portions are small - there are a lot of them - you will leave very satisfied. It is a BYOB establishment so bring your favorite wine(s). Settle in for a dining adventure. It was a wonderful experience and we can't wait to go back!

3  Thank BDintheCO
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Of course you can! Coming from Philly we are home to quite a few BYOBs. This, if it was in Philly, would probably be # 1. Creative works of art with the finest ingredients is what you will get. 9 courses, $135 pre fixe. Excellent service. Scallop, chestnut soup, duck. So beautiful is the food you will want to take pictures...which we did! Was tough to snag a resie but persistence paid off. One of my top 5 dining experiences of all time.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Nina and Chris Nugent make your visit to their restaurant even more special with their warm and personal service and incredible food.Their nondescript location near a strip mall is completely forgotten once you enter the small, nicely decorated restaurant and take in the artistry of the food that is presented. Reservations are hard to get, we got ours 2 months in advance on Opentable. The restaurant has since retained their Michelin Star from the previous year.