ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
4,177 results
All reviewsberkshire roomknock and dropcoffee deliveredmorning joewest town bakerybakery downstairsalbum coversred lipsgreat locationcoffee servicefunky hotelfree coffeefun hotelbathroom mirrorcool vibehot tubking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I and our 7MO baby stayed at Acme for 3 nights this month.

Our room was clean and nicely decorated. However, it was quite small. It didn't bother us too much as we're used to condo life, but if you want more space or are traveling with a lot of stuff, you might want to upgrade from a standard King. We were located on the 3rd floor facing the inside of the building, so if you also enjoy natural light or are planning to spend a lot of time at the hotel, ask for a room with a view. This didn't bother us either as we would have drawn the blackout blinds during the day for nap time.

Other than that, the staff was really incredible. Super friendly and really informative. Location is great. Very close to Magnificent Mile, a nice walk to Navy Pier, easy to catch cabs, etc. Also just around the corner from a grocery store and Trader Joe's. Lots of resto's closeby. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: - ask for a room with a view if you want natural light - standard king is small, but adequate for single/couple
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed recently for three nights at ACME, the hotel as advertised with clean rooms and deco interiors. Rooms are small but clean and well appointed. Best of all ACME is centrally located between the Magnificent Mile and State and in walking distance to many of the downtown tourist attractions. ACME has a bistro coffee shop attached to it that makes great sandwiches and soups. Beyond the lobby is a "small platters" bar that opens at 4:00 PM for drinks, but nor full meal service, but have no fear there are many great restaurants in close vicinity.

Room Tip: Be aware rooms are small with no closets and if possible the higher you are the better to minimize noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulowlcourt
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I've been traveling for over thirty years and lived out of hundreds of hotel rooms. Many of these trips were into the Chicago area and I am excited to find a new birthing location at the Acme Hotel.

We were met by Karl and were immediatly impressed by the generous smile and hand held out to my bride as she exited our car. While the parking garage next to the entrance is not directly accessed through the hotel, the entrance is adjacent to the entry. The discounted parking fees allowed for in-and-out passage throughout the day and truely affordable in relative terms to other Chicago hotels. Our check-in was delightfully cheerful and the front person reminded us about the "knock and drop" free coffee delivered in the morning if we wished. (It was actually a minute early........!) The independent bakery housed within the hotel was excellent! We did not participate in the bar as we had already enjoyed ourselves elsewhere.

Our room was tastefully modern and the 'lips' on the bathroom mirror acted as a nightlight. While small by some US standards, it was comfortable for two. Our bed was very comfortable. The only drawback was the pay per use refrigerator and nut canisters on the counter. I accidentally bumped one of the canisters and I was charged $5 on my bill. This was credited when we checked out, but somewhat irritating.

The second night, we woke up to water dripping to the floor from the air conditioning unit. When we walked out for breakfast, we noted this to the front desk. When we returned a hour or so later, we opened the door to find two technicians repairing the unit!.

WHAT? Is this Chicago?

They apologized profusely, but we were there only to pick up backpacks and continue our day. Outstanding service and attention to the needs of Acme's clients.

Acme's location is within easy walking distance to the Near North SIde restaurants etc. and Taxi's are quickly hailed by Karl if needed or you don't want to drive (in rush hour traffic). Like any big city the local fire department announced their passing. Otherwise, the room was quiet with no sounds of any neighbors. The third floor window view was great for people watching.

Great hotel for the experienced traveler who doesn't need to feel obligated to drop a tip in a hand every few minures! (I enjoyed the drop because it was for true service). I highly recommend the Acme Hotal to you! Check out their online specials deals, AND many thanks to the staff for a very positive Chicago experience.

Room Tip: Check out "Specials" on-line directly with hotel. Parking is less expensive here if you are driving.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had an amazing experience here and thoroughly enjoyed it. First of all, my wife and I celebrated our anniversary there. When I called to see if they could set something up for the room (champagne and the like), they generously offered a free upgrade. I then was transferred to their concierge Karl, who was wonderful. He was able to set up the room with rose pedals, champagne, and chocolate-covered strawberries, all for a reasonable price. AND they threw in the champagne FOR FREE. Service was generally exceptional.
Room was also great. Clean and spacious with great views (although this may be due to the upgrade, so can't speak to non-suite rooms). Bathroom was very nice and came with a cool nighlight, rain-style showerhead, and heat lamp (a novelty for a Southern like me). Bed was very comfortable and clean. Also, they offer free coffee service in the morning, which is great. Finally, they have a very cool new bar on the bottom floor that serves delicious drinks. The atmosphere is great and the bar tenders are very attentive.
Overall, we had a wonderful time here and cannot recommend it enough. Will be looking forward to another visit here!

Room Tip: Ask Karl--the concierge--for any needs and concerns. He's great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my ten yr old daughter. We had a blast! This hotel is trendy, chic and super fun! The King size rm that I booked was pretty cute and modern but dark because the view was interior (a fun art installation surprise out the window though). If you need light though, you should book the exterior view rooms. After asking, The front desk was so kind and gave us an upgrade to a suite! Rm#702
It was so great!!! Tons and tons of space and light!
The bakery and bar in the hotel are fabulous too. Delicious! Location location location! The gym and hot tub are great too.
A really fun cool vibey hotel...

• Stayed: October 2013