This hotel was fantastic. From the moment you arrive, the term "boutique hotel" is defined in the quirkiness and elegance of this establishment.
The location was excellent. Located just off the miracle mile, the hotel is close to shops and restaurants. My friends and I never had any trouble walking to most attractions since the hotel is so centrally located. There is a grocery store close by to stock up on snacks and other provisions for your stay. Perfect.
The staff is friendly and helpful. They will provide maps of the city and are also knowledgeable about most city attractions.
The room is cleverly decorated and immaculate. A pair of giant lips are painted on the bathroom mirror, bright orange mid-century inspired chairs make up the seating area, and comfy beds are perfect for a nights rest after schlepping all over Chicago during the day. Cute details like flying pig statuettes adorn the shelves, and robes with the ACME logo are out for your use. Very comfortable and convenient. The room has closet space and plenty of room for your luggage. The room has a large television and an ihome on the nightstand. I would have liked more outlets to charge various accessories, but I always bring my extension/multi-plug cord for such occasions. Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves convenient for keeping your drinks cold and heating up a quick breakfast before hitting the exciting streets of Chicago.
The ice machine is just down the hall on every floor. You can tell by the painting of an ice-machine on the outside of the door. Ha! The elevators are decorated with album cover art from the 1970s and 80s. Your room will have a chalkboard on it for your "Do Not Disturb" messages to housekeeping. Or in our case to write "Candygram!" and "That's all Folks!" and other daily nonsense messages that made us laugh.
In the end, I have no complaints about this hotel. I highly recommend it for your stay in Chicago. I had never been to Chicago before, but if I go again, I will be staying at ACME. I've already recommended it to a friend of mine who will be visiting this summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn