“Location and value”

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Ranked #27 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 24 April 2014

What a great location in the heart of the city. It is a short walk to the train, millennium mile, the lake, and all major attractions are not far. Chicago is a very walkable city and this hotel is ideally located. Staff were helpful and they kept my luggage on last day after check out before I headed to airport in evening. The decor and rooms are trendy- modern and the flat screen tv better than most - also very clean! Compared to the cost of most other downtown hotels this hotel was great value for the money- no breakfast included but a thermos of coffee delivered daily and a reasonably priced breakfast menu is an option as well as the small cafe right off the hotel lobby. No hesitation to return here next time in Chicago.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CalgaryScot
Brent H, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi, CalgaryScot!

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were so accommodating. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Chicago!

There are newer reviews for ACME Hotel Company Chicago

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The ACME hotel isn't just a cool, affordable place to stay in downtown Chicago, it's an experience. The decor is stylish but not fancy, the beds were super comfortable, the coffee (delivered in a thermos each morning) was excellent and the amenities are great. We loved our stay here and will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank JennCarrie

Thanks, JennCarrie, for the wonderful review!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your ACME experience. It's great to hear that you loved your stay and our amenities! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Acme Hotel was a great find! From the moment we arrived, the hotel staff were so accommodating and friendly, and were happy to answer any of our questions and even let us check in a few hours early. The rooms are a bit small, but very comfortable and clean. The hotel has great character and uniqueness of the rooms make it a fun stay. They have a coffee service in the mornings which is great and the location of the hotel is very close to restaurants, bars and shopping. It is in a prime location so it was easy to walk to most of the sites of Chicago. We will definitely be returning to the Acme the next time we stay in Chicago!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal N

Thanks, Crystal N, for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that you found our staff so accommodating. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Chicago!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I was a little nervous at first about booking this because it was off of groupon but after reviews I took the plunge. I'm so glad I did. First of all it's in a prime location. The parking structure was right next door and it was included in my groupon..another bonus. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself is hip and modern. I would recommend getting a suite if you are staying with a family or more than a day. When we entered our room we were in shock. Very clean, trendy, and large! It was equipped with a 2nd room with a large tv, fridge, and sink with plenty of sitting space. My kids loved this area and my husband and I could relax in the other room. The bathroom was trendy and soaps were refreshing. I did check out the fitness center and that too was small yet had what I needed to exercise. We did not check out the Berkshire room but had some sweet treats from the bakery. For breakfast there was a grocery store conveniently located nearby for breakfast items and such. I would definitely stay here again! I have also shared this with my friends!

• Stayed: April 2014

Hi, rtgirl27!

Thanks for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and appreciate that you shared it with others! You'll definitely have to come back and try the Berkshire Room; you'll love it! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just spent 4 nights at ACME - the location is truly excellent - right near everywhere you'd want to be when visiting Chicago. The rooms are quite small but completely functional & funky; however, I don't think this is the place to stay if you need a really good night sleep. Even though it wasn't very restful (too hot one night, too loud another), the bed was comfortable and I would stay here again - particularly if it was only for a night or two. Great price compared to any other hotel I compared within a short walk...loved the knock & drop coffee service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lmh123ca

Thanks, lmh123ca, for the review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our Knock and Drop service as well as the location. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had been wanting to stay at the Acme Hotel Company for a while, and I finally got my opportunity. From the moment I started reviewing the website, I knew I was going to like the experience. As part of the booking process on their website, I "unlocked" a free drink at the Berkshire Room. I emailed to ask some questions about breakfast items (I have a wheat allergy), and the manager promptly replied. I was able to check in online and make room requests the day before arriving. Upon arriving, the staff was extremely helpful. They helped us to get cabs for our large party. They got me ice for my injured knee. They kindly directed us to parking. One might expect that a "hipster" hotel would have rude staff members. Nothing could be further from the truth!

As far as the rooms, they are small but very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. My room was on the top floor and towards the back of the building, and I didn't get woken up a single time by city noise. The work space was great. I loved the bathroom...great shower and great toiletries. Coffee delivery straight to your door is a nice touch.

The location is great. Tons of restaurants and bars in the area, including the hotels own fabulous Berkshire Room...which is my new favorite bar in the city. If you are not familiar with Chicago, it is an easy walk to Michigan Avenue from this hotel. I also find it to be an easy walk to Millennium Park and the Art Institute, but I love to walk. From this location, you can also easily get a cab to anywhere you want to go if that's your preferred mode of transportation. The parking garage, however, is REALLY cheap to park at ($39 a night when I stayed) with in-out privileges.

From the hotel's staff to decor to art to bar to location, this is a hotel experience you will not want to miss out on!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi, mindylh13!

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you finally got to stay with us and enjoyed it. It's great to hear that you found our staff so accommodating. I really enjoyed hearing about your experience and everything you enjoyed about your stay. We look forward to having you stay again next time you're in Chicago!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fun, funky hotel in a great location. The feel of the hotel carries on thru everything they do. The thermos of coffee delivered every morning. The chalk board on the doors. The lips! Their service and staff are great! Definite must on your trip to Chi-town

Room Tip: double/double suite Nice and roomy with a fridge. Make sure you check out the view on the interior...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thanks, nyegirl, for the great review! I'm so glad you chose the ACME for your trip to Chicago. It's great to hear everything that you loved about your stay. I hope you'll stay with us next time you're in the city!