After some lengthy searching, I picked ACME for me and a small group of friends to stay at for my 40th birthday. Jennifer in the reservations area was very helpful and set up a small block of rooms for the trip. Even though the rate we were given wasn't much better than the online booking rate we figured it was worth it for the location and style.
A couple days prior to the trip I received an email allowing advanced check in and took full advantage. In hind site it may not have been the best option. As with anything online, it takes away from the personal aspect. Especially for getting anything special. But it did make for quickly getting to the room after arriving close to midnight. And since I was given options on where I would prefer to have my room and choosing a higher floor, up to the 11th floor we went. Unfortunately we were right next to the elevator, the ice machine and the staff's supply closet. So when 8 am arrived the next two mornings we were awoken by the sounds of cleaning peoples conversations, bustling of supplies and carts and the elevator. Not what we had in mind for a long weekend in Chicago to celebrate. These particular points keep this from being an amazing hotel to stay in.
But the hotel is very cool! Loved the music themed elevators and the overall "factory/NYC loft" decor. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms are small but trendy, with very comfortable beds. Highly recommend the West End bakery in the lobby as well as the Birkshire Room lounge. Try the maple bacon filled doughnut at West End!! Although we didn't spend lots of time in the Birkshire Room, the few drinks we did have were very good and the bartenders fairly attentive. If you want a more laid back spot for drinks try Watershed across the street.
The absolute best features of the hotel are location, location, location!! A couple blocks from Michigan Ave, tons of great restaurants and bars and the train to get you to Wrigley!!
When I visit Chicago again I'll consider ACME for sure, but it just misses being amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn