“Great location”

Ranked #26 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
San Diego, California
“Great location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel through the Jetsetter website and got a great deal. It is a very unassuming hotel. I almost walked right passed it after getting off the L train. My teenage daughter and I stayed for 3 nights and were very comfortable. Our room was facing a building, but we didn't care since it was very quiet. The room was compact and worked for us very well. It was very clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was up to date. I think it is the perfect location to see everything in Chicago.Walking distance to Miracle Mile, the river tours, tons of restaurants, Millennium Park, and downtown. The area felt very safe for 2 females. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a central location in Chicago

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TAD60750
Gabrielle K, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hi, TAD60750!

Thanks for your review. I'm so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed the hotel and your trip to Chicago. It's great that the location was perfect for all that you had planned. I hope we can look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the city.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I ended up here after getting bumped from the hotel I had a reservation with. When I saw the hotel and walked into the lobby I was not so sure I was going to like the place. It was very loud in the lobby because of the bar on the same floor. I was put on the 14th floor and it was very quiet - no street noise and could not hear the bar or my neighbors. The room was a bit small, but adequate. The bed was very comfortable.

I really liked the coffee in a thermos drop off in the morning!

As several people have pointed out the hotel may not appeal to those looking for a traditional hotel.

I personally liked the bakery downstairs, but if sweets do not appeal to you, there are plenty of other breakfast places nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi, pt78!

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad that we exceeded your initial expectations and that you had a wonderful stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the Knock and Drop service and the West Town Bakery. I hope we'll see you again next time you're in Chicago!
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I will be staying at this hotel in a couple of weeks. I have spoked to the front desk on two occasions and a very kind young lady named Evelyn could not have been nicer. I explained I was visiting the city with my Aunt for my birthday and was concerned that the hotel was to "hip" for us!! She assured me everyone fits in at ACME and she would do anything possible to make our stay pleasant. We can't wait to arrive for our special weekend and meet these amazing folks at ACME! Thank you Miss Evelyn!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi, tandcsnana!

Thanks for the wonderful review! I'll be sure to pass your kind words to Evelyn. We greatly look forward to your stay!
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 4 days in this hotel with my husband and 2 sons (room 714) and we were very satisfied! The hotel is perfectly located, just a few minutes walk from everything, shops, restaurants, sightseeing and metro station. Also just 1 mn from Starbucks coffee. The hotel is clean, modern with original decoration! A black board to write whatever you want on the door! Such a nice idea! In the elevator, old vinyles discs! Service and reception are very friendly and helpful! I really recommend this hotel and we will come back!

Stayed July 2014
Thanks, Kat91130, for such a great review! I'm so happy that you and your family loved your stay at the ACME. The fact that you'd recommend us to others means a lot to us. We look forward to seeing you again!
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed 24 July 2014

ACME Hotel Company is a welcome change from the busy chain hotels. The location is perfect, within easy walking distance of many of Chicago's popular attractions, restaurants and nightlife. It is on the west side of Michigan Ave., which has (slightly) less traffic congestion. They have the cheapest parking in downtown Chicago, which is a self-park lot right next door. The hotel fashions itself as a "hipster" establishment, whatever a hipster is, but I found the employees, from the desk to the cleaners, very personable and friendly. I have stayed here three times in the past year. The upscale bar is popular with the younger crowd during the weekends, often with lines to get in. During the week however, I found it relaxing and pleasant. My young bartender made an excellent Manhattan and I enjoyed my conversation with him.

Cons: The rooms, particularly the bathrooms, are on the small side. And, there is limited clothing space (closet/drawers), so expect to live out of your suitcase. While the parking is cheap and close, the process to get your car during check-out is cumbersome - you get a parking badge from the desk, exit the parking lot, drive around the block to park in front of the hotel, and return the badge to the desk.

Room Tip: If traveling as a couple, opt for the larger room. Rooms "with a view", look out onto Ohi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hi, Dennis S!

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you found our staff and The Berkshire staff so friendly. We'd love to have you back again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Had a family reunion in Chicago that ended a day before my wife's birthday so we stayed over a couple of days to celebrate and sightsee and booked a room at the Acme Hotel . Immediately after booking my reservation online I started receiving emails from the reservations manager Jennifer Cunningham wanting to know how she could tailor my visit to suit my needs, and this outstanding customer service is what you will get from her all the way down to housekeeping and their great bellman , Captain ?.
The superlatives could go on and on but in summary - rooms are rather small but certainly
Adequate, GREAT bed and bedding , good free coffee delivered to your door when you tell them you want it, great bakery and bar. I could go on and on but the real stars of this property are Ms. Cunningham and its perfect location, surrounded by high ticket hotels charging. 2-4 times as much ! Miracle Mile , Navy Pier, TONS of great restaurants within walking distance as well as all downtown major attractions. Redline subway practically across the street . THIS PLACE ROCKS!

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks, Frankfidy, for your fantastic review! I'm so happy to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Jennifer and Captain Karl; they'll definitely appreciate it! I genuinely hope we can look forward to having you stay with us again!
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a great visit to Chicago July 11th-13th. Acme is a super hip, very clean hotel with exceptional customer service. Very hip bar located on the main floor draws an upscale crowd with their knowledgable bartenders and extensive stock of high end liquors.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mark W
Thanks, Mark W, for the wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. It's great to hear that we provided you with exceptional customer service, as is always our goal! We hope to see you again next time you're in the city.