“Funky hotel in central chicago!”

ACME Hotel Company Chicago
Ranked #25 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Toronto, Canada
“Funky hotel in central chicago!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My cousin and I stayed there for three nights and after an entire day of wandering out and about each nigiht, we were always excited to come back to a comfortable hotel. Not only was it comfy, but it was so unique n the details of the hotel (lips night light, fun chairs, decor of the elevator) were awesome! I loved the knock on the door in the morning with the morning joe...exactly what I needed first thing upon waking up! Staff was great and also liked the cute little spa room downstairs. Really made my stay in Chicago a great experience. Would definitely reccommend to anyone wanting to visit Chicago!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Gabrielle K, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi, Katranerson!

Thanks for the wonderful review! I'm so glad that you and your cousin felt at home at the ACME. It's great to hear all that you enjoyed about your stay. I really hope we can look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a girls weekend. The hotel is in a prime location - walking distance to everything you can imagine. I walked easily from the orange line from Midway (about 7 blocks). We were in a suite so it was nice to have the extra space to hang out. Wish the couch/chair had been a little more comfortable, but I get it... they want it to be trendy and chic. The beds were the best I've slept on in a hotel, and the pillows were good too.

The view out our bedroom window was interior with the hanging lady - we personally found it creepy and just kept the blinds closed. Front window faced Ohio street and was fine. We didn't really spend much time in the room anyway.

The bathroom was well stocked with great products and lots of towels. Housekeeping was also very good about bringing us more towels - we were 5 girls after all! The shower was great except wish the glass would've been more than a half wall - water kept going out of shower and getting floor wet.

Morning coffee service is great and they even provided flavored creamers. We were able to easily print our boarding passes for plane in the basement area. Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks, Kristen P, for your review! I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed your girls weekend at the ACME. It's great to hear that our location was so perfect for your itinerary! We are very fortunate to have such a great spot in the River North area. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Oberlin, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Acme is completely different from other hotels we have stayed at. All the little details made this a great experience. Everything from the music in the elevator, bathroom nightlight, morning coffee delivery and super comfortable bed sets this hotel apart from others. For a downtown hotel Acme is its own destination.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks, Chris H, for a great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and had a wonderful experience. I hope we can expect to see you again next time you're in Chicago!
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2014

There is so much to love about the ACME. It is in a great location (close to Mag Mile and the Red Line to name a couple), the beds are amazing, the drop and run coffee service is a great invention, and the suite design was perfect (living area has a city view and the bedroom has an interior view which makes for quiet sleeping). I had a couple of minor issues and they were addressed immediately. Very pleasant and accommodating staff. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I recommend a higher floor as the sirens are pretty loud at night. If you can spring for a suite I t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi, martha d!

Thanks for the wonderful review! It's great to hear all that you loved about your ACME experience. I'm glad that you were able to try and enjoy so many of our amenities and that our staff could be so accommodating during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Dayton
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at! Beautiful renovations and super high quality modern features with a youthful funky twist. Perfect for any age. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in the king suite (rm 1402). The view from the living room faced Ohio street and the bedroom window faced the air shaft with the acrobats. I have no complaints what so ever about this hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful from beginning to end. Oh and if anyone is wondering their parking is literally right next door. Love, love, LOVE!

Stayed August 2014
Hi, Corapple25!

Thanks for the fantastic review! I'm thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your ACME experience so much. It's great to hear your thoughts on the hotel and that our staff were so helpful. I really hope we can look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Oh my, the location was so good. Next to Eataly and Nordstroms for example. Nice, smart looking room. Good wifi. Printed some stuff on the computer on the ground floor, worked excellently. Coffee service was great, even if they forgot us one morning. I loved the bathroom, nice shower and light.
Choose this hotel if you want a good location (did I mention Nordstroms?). Nice to have a drink in the bar before dinner. The staff at the bar was five star!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gabrielle K, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thanks, Anna T, for your review! It's great to hear all that you enjoyed about your stay with us. I'm glad you were able to enjoy The Berkshire Room and some of our other amenities. We hope to have you back soon!
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A friend suggested the Acme, and it was absolutely perfect for us. We were in town for 2 nights, primarily to attend a game at Wrigley Field (checking off a bucket list item). We parked in the hotel's designated garage around the corner and never moved the car again until we left. The hotel is in walking distance to the boat tours (take the architectural tour from the art institute), Millennium Park and the "Bean", has plenty of restaurant options nearby (next door to Eatilly where I had the best pizza ever), and the red line for the L is right behind it - straight show to Wrigley. The knock and drop coffee is great (1 container = 2 cups of coffee), and the attached bakery is very good. For anyone concerned it may be too hip for you - don't be. We are in our late 50's and 60's and LOVED it. The price is excellent. Thanks for a wonderful stay Acme!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue R
Thanks, Sue R, for such a fantastic review! It's great to hear that you loved your ACME experience. I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay, and I hope we can look forward to having you back next time you are in Chicago!