“Wonderful boutique hotel!”

Ranked #27 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful boutique hotel!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very trendy, chic, stylish, hip. Rooms are spare, clean as can be, have everything you need. Staff is very connected, helpful. Coffee delivered to the door is free, a nice touch. The greatest neighborhood of the city id right out the front door. We loved it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Gabrielle K, Front Office Manager at ACME Hotel Company Chicago, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thanks, Grace R, for such a great review! I'm so glad you loved the ACME. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the Morning Joe service and our location. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Don't be fooled by the minimal lobby and the somewhat overdone wearable store (with acme-branded stuff), the rooms in this hotel are very comfortable, bright and quite luxurious for the price. The bed was one of the best I've slept on in months (and I've stayed in at least 50 hotels since January, 2014) and the pillows were incredible (if you like plump down ones). The location cannot be beat - just across street from Eataly, and steps from the red line stop (grand), michigan avenue and river north.

Room Tip: ask for a north-facing, high-floor room to snag some views of the hanccok building
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi, zim_travelin_guy!

Thanks for the great review! I'm so glad that you found the ACME so comfortable during your time in Chicago. It's great to hear all that you loved about your stay. I hope we can look forward to having you back again soon!
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

You really get a bang for your buck at Acme and it's a really fun experience! Centrally located in the loop, making it super easy to get anywhere in Chicago! The decor is really unique and fun. I especially enjoyed rocking out to and guessing the various albums that play as soon as you walk in the elevator. The complimentary coffee that arrives in the morning is a nice touch. The staff is super friendly and very helpful when it comes to taking care of your needs. The only downside is that there are no fridges in the rooms, well there is but it's only built for beer purchases, and not my leftover dinner or the cheese I had picked up in Wisconsin during my drive to Chicago. The staff did offer to keep my cheese in their staff fridge during my stay though, which I took them up on. Seems like it would make more sense to just have fridges in the rooms that can hold beverages for purchase AND guests' personal items. For the location and experience, you really can't beat the price!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi, VicksLR,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the ACME. I totally agree with you that our elevators are a fun touch! Glad you enjoyed them. It's great to hear that our staff were so friendly and accommodating during your stay. We hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in Chicago.
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here in August for 4 nights with my boyfriend.. it was my favorite hotel of my 3 week holiday. Room was AMAZING. So big.. huge bed and really nice decor. The bathroom was great and there was a great mini bar that was very reasonably priced..which you don't often get in hotels. Location again, amazing. If you want a taste of Chicago the famous Uno's pizza is literally a 1 minute walk away and you are within walking distance of pretty much everything you would want to see other than Wrigley Field but this is reachable by the subway station located on the street next to the hotel.

Staff were really friendly and always made you feel welcome. We also loved the fact that there is a hot tub and sauna in the hotel and also little useful things like Ice Machines on most floors and a laundry room for those who are doing a long trip. Also.. they do a FREE coffee service every morning, you just give them a time and coffee is dropped outside your room.

Overall a GREAT hotel.. you feel welcomed and not just like you are another customer. Its funky, clean, location is great and very cheap for what you get.

GO GO Go :-)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks, Lauren B, for such a great review! I'm so glad that you and your boyfriend loved your time at the ACME. It's great to hear all that you enoyed about your trip and that our staff made you feel so welcomed. We would love to have you back again next time you are in Chicago!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

we can't say enough great things about the staff here .
they provided such amazing customer service !
above and beyond !!!!!!! the personal attention that you will receive at this hotel is
unlike anywhere else !!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi, mina4445,

Thanks for your wonderful review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed you stay at the ACME. It's great to hear that our staff were so attentive to you during your stay. I'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Jeff. I know they will be much appreciated. Hope to have you back again soon!
virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I do not usually gush over hotels, but this one was exceptional!! As we were planning our trip to Chicago, not knowing anything about the area, we stumbled onto a travelzoo.com deal. We made our reservations and crossed our fingers. My husband called a few times before the trip to get an idea of how to get to the hotel from the airport. The CRT system was patiently explained and they were right on target. Our flight arrived in Chicago at 7:40 AM, we arrived at the hotel by 9 AM expecting to leave our bags. We were given a room right away with no extra charge (in Vegas a few months ago I was charged $20). During our stay we asked questions about restaurants and locations of things and we were answered with a smile. The folks at the front desk were wonderful!! The hotel was clean and perfectly located. The decor of the room was fun. There were large lips on the bathroom mirror that served as a nightlight!!! What a fun place. And the best (or worst) part was the bakery!!! Had I not walked everywhere, every day, I would have gained at least 5 extra pounds!! I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mymoose
Thanks, mymoose, for such a wonderful review. I'm so glad that you loved your stay at the ACME. It's great to hear that our staff were so accommodating and that you were able to enjoy the delicious treats at the West Town Bakery! Your kind review means a lot, and I hope we can look forward to having you stay again.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here August 11 and 12 and would gladly stay here again. The room was clean and nice. It was small but it is right in the middle of everything. You can order coffee to your room in the morning which was great. There is plenty of breakfast options very close by. Right next to Eataly which was a great discovery for us.

Room Tip: Don't forget to order coffee for delivery to your room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks, Joe A, for such a great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time at the ACME. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the location and our Morning Joe service. We'd love to have you back again soon!