We just returned from a 6 night stay at the Acme. Overall the hotel was great. We loved the decor and the music they had playing outside and in the elevators. We were allowed to check in at 10am which was great. Our room was 600 (city view queen) and it was perfect. On the 6th floor so it wasn't super high up, but high enough. We could see the Hancock Tower from our room which was pretty cool. You can hear sirens and traffic if you're on the city side, so make sure to expect that (you're staying in a major city, so..) Room was spotless and stayed that way the entire stay, housekeeping was great. The little chalkboards outside the room were funny and useful. Beds are comfy.
The bakery downstairs is convenient for a quick snack or coffee and the staff there was friendly. We went to the Berkshire downstairs twice during our stay and while the decor of the place is fantastic and the drinks are fantastic, the staff there were really "Meh." You couldn't joke around with the bartenders without getting a serious straight faced response and you couldn't leave the bar with your drink to go up to your room which I thought was weird. I even got yelled at for having my foot on the couch (I was sitting with one leg tucked under the other). Also, the hostess outside watched me almost slip and fall in a puddle of water in front of the elevator and just stood there. Even after I said "Someone should probably wipe that up," she just shrugged her shoulders.
The area of the hotel is great as well, many restaurants and bars nearby and the area definitely didn't seem as busy as the loop area but there were still people out until late at night. I never felt unsafe. The red line stop around the corner is super convenient and because the hotel is right next to the Weber Grill restauant, it always smelled like steak outside which was funny.
Overall, good hotel, definitely wouldn't hestitate to stay here again, but would take my bar business elsewhere. Hotel staff were awesome. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn