We only stayed here one night but would have loved to stay more...Chicago is an amazing city and even though we had just over 24 hours in the city we managed to see lots. Hotel is in great location just off the Magnificent Mile (main luxury shopping street).It's in walking distance from many attractions; Mag Mile, Navy Pier, Boat tours, Hancock Tower etc. We got the 'El' train down to Soldier Field, but walked back all the way through Grant Park and saw 'The Bean' in Millenium park, however, if you don't mind a bit of walking all these places are not out of reach without using the train.
As this was the first stop on a long (and potentially expensive) trip around US, and it was day time we decided to use the trains to get from the airport. A 24 hour transit card cost $10. We got the blue train from o'hare to Washington street and then swapped to the red line up to Grand-a 2 min walk from the hotel. If we did it again would've got the blue a stop further to Jackson for step free access with heavy luggage as Washington was a bit of a hassle! On the way back we took a cab which cost around $45 including tip and took around 20 mins.
The room was modern, quirky and clean. Great little additions such as bath robes and dock for ipod (old style 30 pin connector). You can also connect your ipad etc to the TV. The free 'morning joe' coffee is great (even if we did get 5 instead of 2 flasks of coffee!) - one would be enough for two people only wanting one cup. We liked the chalk boards on the front of doors too.
The hotel is 'hip & trendy' but as a couple we didn't feel that we were 'too old'. The old record covers & rock music in the lifts was good fun. The front desk were extremely friendly and helpful - even accepting a package from a friend at home for a family member who lives in Chicago and hailing us a cab in the pouring rain!
All in all, I couldn't fault this hotel & we'd happily stay here again if we were to visit Chicago - good value too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn