“Tea tasting”
Review of Adagio Teas

Adagio Teas
Ranked #1 of 286 Shopping in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Adagio Teas State Street: A sensory playground of superior loose-leaf teas. Located in Chicago. Sample any tea in our vast collection. Explore novel varieties and discover new favorites. Offering knowledgeable staff, top-notch tea, and a low-pressure shopping environment, we'd love to help guide your tea journey, at Adagio Teas State Street. Book a tasting event for yourself or with friends and learn about what sets us and our teas apart. We buy our loose-leaf tea directly from the farmers who grow them, ensuring the ultimate experience in flavor and freshness. Create custom blends of teas and inclusions (fruits, flowers and herbs) to find a flavor that's uniquely yours. Want to drink and run? Enjoy tea-to-go. Available hot or iced, but always brewed fresh. Let us make your favorite or help you discover something new. Either way, we guarantee your enjoyment of fresh leaves, perfectly prepared. Come and let us share with you our passion for tea!
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Went tea tasting here. Probably the best tea tasting in Chicago. It was just me and my friend three different teas and cookies and our host Jonah knew ever trying there is to know about tea. Very knowledgeable. Definetely highly recommended and will do it again.

1  Thank pammundell
"expert"
in 5 reviews
"gifts"

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is my first review on Trip Adviser. We were on tasting, tried three different kinds of tea. The girl (I think, it was Amanda) made great recommendations for us, and was incredibly knowledgeable about the different kinds of tea. The prices for most of their teas and products are very affordable. Staff is very professional, kindly and affable. I recommend to visit this shop, and I am sure that you will be satisfied and happy.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I am a long-time online customer of Adagio Teas, so I was thrilled to stop in at a retail location. It's a great place to smell and sample tea, and to see some of their brewing equipment in action. We found the employees extremely helpful and friendly, as well as knowledgeable about tea, Adagio's buying practices, and sustainability. We probably spent an hour in there chatting and sampling, and we never felt as though we overstayed our welcome.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went into Adagio to find a gift for a friend during my short trip to Chicago. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I was looking for something I wouldn't be able to find in Toronto - and the salesperson was fairly knowledgable with David's Tea, so helped me find something unique to Adagio. He wasn't an overbearing sales person either - which I very much appreciated! He suggested some teas, and let me roam through the store to explore.

He also helped to recommend some great vegetarian restaurants in the area.

When I left, he hooked me up with a free sample! Score!

Great place to buy a gift or sample some tea.

1  Thank ModestMouse07