“A gold mine. . .for tea”
Review of Adagio Teas

Adagio Teas
Ranked #6 of 283 Shopping in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Adagio Teas State Street: A sensory playground of superior loose-leaf teas. Located in Chicago. Sample any tea in our vast collection. Explore novel varieties and discover new favorites. Offering knowledgeable staff, top-notch tea, and a low-pressure shopping environment, we'd love to help guide your tea journey, at Adagio Teas State Street. Book a tasting event for yourself or with friends and learn about what sets us and our teas apart. We buy our loose-leaf tea directly from the farmers who grow them, ensuring the ultimate experience in flavor and freshness. Create custom blends of teas and inclusions (fruits, flowers and herbs) to find a flavor that's uniquely yours. Want to drink and run? Enjoy tea-to-go. Available hot or iced, but always brewed fresh. Let us make your favorite or help you discover something new. Either way, we guarantee your enjoyment of fresh leaves, perfectly prepared. Come and let us share with you our passion for tea!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been searching for a tea expert and access to teas--to smell and taste--for several months. Living in a CO mountain village has made this a challenge, but on a recent trip to Chicago I wandered down State Street and "fell" into Adagio Teas. What a find! I spent hours learning, tasting, smelling SO many varieties. Nicole patiently answered all my questions and guided me through the tea types. I ended up buying wonderful South African varieties. . .and then samplers. . .and then a teapot. . .and then a special cup with infuser. . . The next day I returned to buy a utiliTEA which now allows me to brew and enjoy tea with best tastes and healthful benefits. I will only consider Adagio Tea--online and in Chicago--for my tea needs. Each staff member was gracious, informative, patient, and so very professional

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I came in while on a Trip to chicago and only had a few minutes to look around. The people are so friendly and helpful and gave me some wonderful suggestions. I walked out with an iced tea that was divine and 2 bags of tea to take home. Exceptionally curious and fun staff.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Visiting Adagio at their store location was a wonderful experience. I'd shopped their fandom teas online, but that was nothing like the in-store experience of smelling and tasting teas. The customer service was fantastic, and they really took care of my friend and I who were visiting a physical store for the first time. It will certainly be a priority stop for all future Chicago visits.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I purchased a Groupon for a Tea Tasting for my birthday, just to have something new to do. I'm so glad we did. We had a great time choosing which three teas we would taste (you get to pick from anything in the store), and then we had a great conversation with our host, Stacy, during the tasting. She talked with us for almost an hour about the history of tea, the different types that are available, and the culture of drinking tea. It was a casual and relaxed atmosphere, so we felt very comfortable and happy the whole time. The shop is brightly lit and the staff were friendly. We'll go back for sure to buy more tea.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very helpful employees and fantastic selection of teas. They will let you taste any flavor you choose.