We did not get the great price deal that some reviewers got for this hotel, but I am still very happy with the accommodation. The location is definitely the best part. The front faces the Chicago River, and some of the best downtown views. It is almost at the beginning of the Magnificent Mile shopping area, and if you walk a few blocks in the other direction on Michigan Avenue, you are in Millennium Park. We took the train from the airport, and it was only a few blocks walk to the hotel. It is a pleasant 20 minute walk to Navy Pier, and we walked to “The Loop” several times as well. If you are a tourist interested in the Chicago Trolley Hop on Hop off tour, the number 2 stop is right across the street. I don’t think you could get more “Tourist” central if you tried! The room was small, but had everything we needed. It must have been recently renovated, because everything had a new modern look to it. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was a coffee machine, and a blow dryer. You had the option of helping yourself to extra pillows, blankets, ironing board and iron and extra coffee supplies from a central cupboard on another floor. The room was cleaned well every day. Our view was of the back of the building, and I think river views are very limited, but we did not spend too much time in the room anyway. We did not talk to any of the staff, as it is mostly self-check in and out, but they were available if needed. The hotel restaurant patio is at the front of the building, with nice views. We ate there twice, and both times the food was good. Just down the street is “The Corner Bakery”, where we ate most of our breakfasts – great food! Around the corner from here are a few Mexican restaurants, and further down on the same block is Walgreen’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan