My trip to Chicago started out as personal with a small bit of business. As such I made all my own travel arrangements and really only needed "somewhere to sleep" as I had a jam packed itinerary. The only requirement was that I be downtown. I booked this hotel and was a tad skeptical as the rate was super affordable compared to the other downtown hotels. Long story short I booked it and didn't look back. I arrived Thursday afternoon and check-in was a breeze. I reserved the "small room, w/full size bed" so walking in I really didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The room is exactly what they described, it is small, but don't let that deter you. It has everything you would have in a big room just compact size. (e.g. 12 inch tv, stand up shower, bathroom separates by sliding door etc) And for the rate you will not find a better deal. It's also super convenient and
located only blocks away from State street and Mag Mile for shopping. I also was in town for the annual taste and that was just a short walk to Millennium Park. It's close to all the trains so if you're coming from the airport, for $5 you can take any of the trains down to the Loop. There's a plethora of bars and restaurants right over there including one in the hotel. I didn't eat there so I can't say how it is, but it was packed every time I left so I imagine it was good. One night after a long day I canceled my evening plans and vegetated in my room. In all of it's cozy glory it became my sanctuary. So in summary, I can't wait
to stay here again. Excellent visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan