On an overnight stay to Chicago to see the Blake Shelton show at Wrigley Field, I booked a single room, queen size bed and for the price ($266 a night) I was assuming we would get the beautiful view of downtown Chicago that was advertised on Expedia.com. What we got was a room the size of a closet and a view the back alley and adjacent buildings wall. Then room was clean and the bed was comfy. I had forgotten while traveling to the big city that hotels are notorious for hidden fees/checks that tie up your cash, hence the $50 deposit no one told me about, this of course we just used for the $45 vallet parking that is not included in your stay. The only accommodating standout was Roman at the front desk, he was a down to earth guy that was very useful when it came to directions/tips on using the metro to travel to/from Wrigley Field without hassle. He also took care of us during checkout and even credited us the parking fee when we informed him we didn't have any soap for the bath. We didn't ask him to do it, he generously did this on his own. Overall, an ok place if you are use to the big city gouging that occurs everyday. Best part of the trip was walking downtown and enjoying the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan