Booked hotel on Orbitz. Asked for adjoining rooms. Advised to call hotel direct for that. Spoke to Virginia at hotel on 3 separate occasions. She said adjoining rooms weren't available but we could get rooms that were next to each other. Got to hotel early & was told check in was at 3. Went back to hotel at 3:45, only to be told rooms weren't ready. Hotel staff wouldn't promise a room, although we had already paid Orbitz. Hotel staff said we should have booked directly w/the hotel. After lots of frustration and anger we were finally placed in a suite with two BR & two baths. We were traveling with our son, daughter-in-law, two small grandchildren & our daughter. (Had booked a smoking room for her) Once in the suite, we determined it wasn't large enough for all of us. At that point my husband & I were placed in a standard room (had booked a suite), which wasn't next to our family as requested. Our original hotel was Club Quarters. Virginia had moved us to the River Hotel because she said 'It was newer'. Smoking is only allowed at Club Quarters, so we weren't even in the same hotel as our daughter. She couldn't come to our room/hotel & we couldn't go to hers because the elevators are operated by room keys. The next day we tried the hotel's small restaurant for breakfast. Our granddaughter ordered chocolate milk and french toast. We were informed they had no chocolate for the milk and were out of french toast. All in all, it was VERY frustrating for our whole family. Also, when we asked to speak to management on the first day, we were informed that no one was available until Mon. What a mess this turned out to be! We will DEFINITELY never stay at this place again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan