I travelled to Chicago to meet my parents who were visiting from overseas. A triple room had been booked in the Club Quarters hotel. I was the first to arrive and the room was a small room with a double bed and a sofa bed. I had been told at reception that we could upgrade to a larger suite for an additional $20 a night. We decided to upgrade and we were given a room in the River Hotel portion of the hotel. The room was phenomenal. It cost $140 a night and it was like a small, open-plan apartment. It had a fully equiped kitchenette and dining area and on either end of the suite, there were bedrooms, one with a king size bed and one with a queen. There were two bathrooms and there was also a sitting area with a television although this was not really necessary as both bedrooms had televisions also. We were so completely impressed with the hotel, I would whole-heartedly recommend it. It's very well located on the Magnificent mile right across from stop 2 on the trolley tour and the boarding area for the river cruises. The room was so comfortable and lovely and while I'm not sure if the cost of the upgrade to a suite was a special offer or not, it was definitely well worth the additional $20.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step out of the River Hotel and into the stunning surroundings of Downtown Chicago. Shimmering skyscrapers tower over the Chicago River as Wacker Drive bends to meet the city’s most famous thoroughfare, Michigan Avenue the start of the Magnificent Mile. These sights sit just steps from the inviting accommodations of the River Hotel, a Downtown Chicago boutique hotel devoted to providing personal service and a helpful range of amenities for business and leisure travel alike. Our Michigan Avenue hotel boasts an array of thoughtful onsite amenities: instant registration and checkout, 24-hour concierge service, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a modern fitness center, chilled, purified bottled water, and three state-of-the-art meeting rooms make for a seamless business travel experience. Savor authentic Italian cuisine and fabulous deep dish pizza at the onsite restaurant, Bella Bacino’s Italian Bistro & Pizzeria. The Chicago River Hotel offers everything you need in the heart of it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Chicago
- Club Quarters Hotel Chicago
- Club Quarters Wacker Michigan