“Amazing”

Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #53 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband have spent four amazing days on Lincoln. It was perfect to have every morning the Lincoln Park trough the window!!!! Congratulations to the hotel team specially to Glenn who was so cute and ready always.
We intend to be back soon.
I do recomend it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Check-in was quick & easy. All staff were exceptionally courteous and helpful. Our room was awesome - bed was very comfortable, everything was very clean. All in all a wonderful experience. We will definitely stay at Hotel Lincoln again.

Room Tip: Room 410, although too close to the elevator for my preference, was quiet. Not much of a view, but t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

After arriving cold and tired off the Amtrak train from Memphis, we were warmly welcomed and despite being very early we're assured our room would be made ready as soon as possible, which it was and indeed upgraded ensuring we were well rested and comfortable! Didn't get the lovely man's name who arranged this for us and he wasn't on duty again during our 2 night stay but hope he reads this and knows we very much appreciated his care. Same for all other desk staff who couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely use this hotel again should we return to Chicago.

Room Tip: High floor suite- not much of a view but hugely comfortable. Front rooms have lake view
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Came in to see a show at the Metro last weekend. From the get go the staff was extremely friendly, without feeling forced. This is rare...it seemed like every single staff member truly loved the place, and wanted a fabulous experience for guests. Many hotels have good customer service that feels forced, but when staff members really care that's when you obtain GREAT customer service, and everyone from valet to front desk to the bartenders offered that.

Our room, albeit small, was very clean and cozy, and the bed was really comfortable. I always wake up with back pain, but that didn't happen here! The rooftop bar was really cool, especially right at dusk. Will definitely come back when the weather is warmer to enjoy sitting on the patio.

I have only ever stayed in downtown Chicago, so staying in Lincoln Park offered a wonderful new experience of Chicago. It's close enough to the el, and a short cab ride from downtown. However, what I really enjoyed was all of the local shops and eateries around us, instead of the huge chains that permeate downtown.

My only qualm was a lack of shelf space. It would have been nice to have a bit more room to put things on in the bathroom. But I tend to carry more crap with me than the average person. Having said that, husband and I are already planning a trip back in the summer, and can't say enough good things about this hotel!

TLDR; great stay, amazing customer service, clean, friendly - you should absolutely stay here.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Lincoln for three nights in mid March. I'd been wanting to stay at this hotel for over a year but always had to cancel because of health issues. So, my expectations were quite high when we finally checked in this March. We stayed in a junior suite with a lake view. Stay in a room with a view of the lake if you can, it's so beautiful! Our junior suite was gorgeous, with a very comfortable bed, a separate sitting area with a sofa bed, and lovely art on the walls (oh, and two bathrooms too, which was luxurious!)

We ate at the downstairs restaurant Perennial Virant several times, and were so delighted by the food. There's also a lovely coffee shop, Elaine's, that makes crepes and other treats right in the lobby. There's even a rooftop lounge that I look forward to visiting on my next stay.

This hotel has it all! I love the location....it's near the beautiful Old Town, Lake Michigan, and farmer's markets in the Summer.

I'll sign off by saying that my very favorite thing about Hotel Lincoln is the staff. Absolutely everyone from Glenn at the front desk, to the cleaners and waitresses at Perennial Virant, are so nice and seem to be very happy to work at Hotel Lincoln.

I couldn't ask for more, and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Lake view is really lovely, get one if you can!
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had booked the Hotel Lincoln as a recommendation from a friend. I wanted to do something special for Valentine's Day, as well as the fact it was my puppy's one year old birthday, so I thought it would be a fun staycation for my little family and I since they were pet-friendly. I probably sounded like a crazy person when I spoke to the reservationist, Jessica, but she went above and beyond my expectations. I told her the stay was a surprise for my boyfriend, and that I will have a puppy staying with us as it was her birthday. I unfortunately did not have time to prepare the room for the occasion, so I was greatly surprised by a few touches made by Jessica. An adorable Hotel Lincoln dog water/food bowl was placed, as well as a Hotel Lincoln doggy bag dispenser with a balloon attached. I also had mentioned to Jessica on the phone that I will be bringing in dinner as well, so a table with placesettings and dishes were nicely set up for us. She also surprised us with a bottle of champagne and macaroons. It was both a wonderful surprise for my boyfriend and I, and he was thoroughly impressed. Needless to say, my puppy's birthday and my Valentine's day could not have gone better. I will definitely be staying at the Hotel Lincoln again as they have great customer service and the room itself was super comfortable. I will be recommending it to any of my friends visiting from out of town. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Being in my mid-40s, I was a little out of my element with the "hipster" culture of Hotel Lincoln. However, every member of the staff, from the valet / bellman and check-in with Isaiah, all the way to Daniel at checkout, were sincere in their over the top friendly approach. From the gentleman in the coffee shop to the breakfast wait staff in the restaurant, there was a clearly identified environment of customer service. Not the type that makes you think they have to, but the kind that makes you think they're really interested in you having a great experience at Hotel Lincoln. I'll be back soon, and can't wait to enjoy the rooftop bar when it's a bit warmer.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo