Hotel Lincoln, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
  • Pool
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)
  • Breakfast included
2,414 results
All reviewsrooftop barj parkerperennial virantsecond cityelaine's coffeefree zoochicago history museumgreat locationboutique hoteljunior suitelake michigandirectly across the streetrooms are smallfront desk staffwrigley fieldking bedpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We liked our stay at the Lincoln Hotel. The hotel was renovated two years ago, and in my opinion they did a good job. It's comfortable, but has an "old" feeling to it. Nice view (when not foggy) on the lake, pleasant room and bathroom.
Parking is not so great and quite expensive. I wish I would have known that. One can only park at the Chicago History Museum, in the park itself, and that is not cheap!
All in all I would recommend the Lincoln! It's a nice and cute hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lotsofpeppers
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked two nights here based on other tripadvisor reviews. Did we stay at the same hotel? This place certainly is not a dump..but it's not nearly as great as others make it out to be.

First, parking. They don't tell you this but the valet parking & the self park are in the same location fighting for the same spaces. I had been stressing about whether was worth the extra cost thinking they'd park it in a different location when it's not. Also, it's located in the middle of lincoln park with no fence around it, and no guard on duty. Anyone can walk right onto the lot and to your car. The drivers side window on my car now won't come down (and it's only 1 year old) we think someone might have tried jimmying the car but haven't taken it in yet.

Also, alot of people have dogs here. It's pet friendly - which is great! I just wish they had dedicated floors so those of us not wanting to hear little dogs yipping could avoid it. There were short white hairs in our room - which I'm assuming came from a dog. They should have done a better job cleaning the room.

One day the tv was out for over an hour. They said they'd send someone to our room - never showed up. Called back down and got a busy signal a few times and when I got the front desk again she was surprised no one showed up. She said that they were on it though. Didn't offer any sort of thing to make it right (I'd even be happy with a drink coupon for coffee from Elaine's)

Also, the elevator did the job, but was a bit rickety.

Some positive notes...

The jr. suite was adequate size (but seemed like it should be the size of a normal room - not a suite). The bed was incredibly firm (which we loved!) and pillows were comfy. I liked the design of the room. They gave me a fridge which was helpful. The shower was surprisingly nice.

All of the staff were incredibly friendly! They hire great staff..from the coffeshop, the restaurant, the front desk, the various workers I saw in the halls were all very friendly! This is where the hotel really excels.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a jr suite, ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 479tg
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Location x 3! What a great spot! Walk to the zoo! Walk to the beach! Run along Lake Michigan! Rents a bike from divvy! I loved the boutique style hotel! Wifi, great restaurant and a KILLER rooftop lounge with magnificent views! The staff were all super attentive at both the restaurant and the hotel. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Try to get a lake view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Lincoln during my first-ever trip to Chicago. It was a great first impression. The Lincoln Park neighbourhood was warm and welcoming with plenty of local amenities during the day and night; the staff were extremely courteous and friendly; and the hotel had tons of character.

My only complaint is the heating. Two small electrical heaters, plugged into the wall and covered by decorative boxes, were easily missed. I woke up freezing early one morning and finally figured out what they were after some fumbling around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The staff were very helpful and friendly and accommodating. The rooms were lovely, comfortable beds, great views, clean bathrooms, nice decor. The location is great; we were walking distance from lots of fun things to do: Second City, good restaurants, the zoo, etc. Every space in the Hotel was done with style. It is a beautiful place. Our family used the conference room for an event and that was excellent too. And I used the work-out equipment which was a very nice feature. I am sorry that I cannot comment on the pool, I forgot to make time for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Lincoln Park which is across the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel