“Goose Island, Terminal 3 is the Best”
Review of Goose Island Pub

Goose Island Pub
Ranked #5,111 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was the high point of our passing through O'hare Airport. We started by waiting almost two hours in the security line leaving us little time for eating before our flight. We stopped at Goose Island and the service was amazing and the food was excellent. Our waitress Elizabeth listened to our time issues, quickly got us our drinks, food came promptly and was very good and quickly delivered our check. Friendly and courteous the entire time and then things got even better.

We arrived at our destination only to find that one of our party had misplaced her purse. We called the restaurant because it was the only place we had stopped in the airport. We promptly received a call back and in two days the purse was returned with all contents.

Excellent food, Great Service and very Friendly Staff. When I go back to Chicago I will plan for another visit. My compliments to everyone in the restaurant. They made airport travel a lot better.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Wow. My horrible Spirit Air service aside, I wanted something yummy while waiting for my flight and have been to Goose Island in Wrigleyville many times. I ordered a 312 and looked over their extremely limited menu, deciding on the spinach salad with chicken. It didn't take long for what looked like a bag of spinach dumped on a plate, with frozen and reheated chicken breast to come out. The cheese looked like an ounce chunk, no 'crumbling' and one ingredient was missing completely. This salad had four ingredients. It's not rocket science.
So I finished and asked for my bill which was $25. Turns out my 312 was $9. What in gods name is that?! It's $8.50 at Wrigley Field and $3-5 everywhere else!! How do you justify charging more?!
All of this, plus the fact that it took over ten minutes for someone to even acknowledge me at a half full bar, almost makes me not want to drink 312 again. Good thing FL has Cigar City and Dunedin Brewery.
It makes me sad to writ this bad of a review because the original Wrigleyville location has such a great menu and awesome service.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Worst service and worst food I've ever had. Had it not been for the ridiculously overpriced beers to lighten my mood I'd have been furious and walked out. Waitress was rude, inattentive and dismissive. The food was awful- horrible burger, horrible steak, just all awful. McDonald s is right around the corner, save yourself the $200 and go there. Thankfully for the waitress, I used to be one so she still got a tip but frankly I should have deducted $$. Goose island should stick to beer!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

At the far end of Concourse L in Terminal 3 at Chicago's O'Hare airport you will find Goose Island Pub. They make good beer, but charge outrageous prices ... $9 for a pint. The food is not good. I had a bacon cheeseburger that that was reminiscent of a buffet line burger at an all-inclusive resort. I paid an extra $2 for the worst sweet potato fries I have ever eaten. Service was just okay. Turn around ... there has to be better options in the airport.

2  Thank Chris0329
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I think what I was served was breakfast food. I ordered a platter that was to include sausage, egg, and toast. Out of the three the toast was the only thing that tasted good. The sausage looked more like a dog turd and really did not taste all that good. Looked like it had been cooked many times over with a dried outer crust. The eggs were to be scrambled but looked like a precooked omelet egg that was chopped up, it tasted like it as well.

Overall for what I paid for the food I would expect something slightly better than what I got even in an airport.

Been to Goose Island Pub? Share your experiences!