“Goose Island O'Hare Airport -”
Review of Goose Island Pub

Goose Island Pub
Ranked #4,857 of 9,718 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed 22 July 2014

On a recent solo trip to Chicago, I was flying home from O'Hare on a Saturday morning. The instructions at the Goose Island Restaurant read "Take a seat" which I did at 11 am. It took 10 minutes for a member of the wait staff to even acknowledge my presence and to give me a menu. Only 7 or 8 of the nearly 25 tables in the restauarnt were occupied at the time! Once I placed my order the meal was delivered on a timely basis. My sandwich was acceptable and the wait staff person was helpful.

As a side note, it was interesting that a number of multiple person parties were given almost immediate attention while I as a solo consumer expereinced an unacceptably long wait for service!

There are newer reviews for Goose Island Pub

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Recently, we stopped in at this restaurant, for a glass of wine, while waiting for our plane. The bartender seemed to be a little overwhelmed in getting everyone served. One thing that I noticed that I have never seen elsewhere is that there was a glass of wine in the area behind the bar with wine in it. When the bartender poured a serving, he would bend over to see if the amount matched that on the bar. A little tacky in front of everyone. Also, he wasn't sure who had sat down first so he just worked his way down the bar. Also, two regular, on tap beers, with tax came to $24.96. Way overpriced even for an airport bar (the amount in the glass was just about normal that you would get in any bar)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was the high point of our passing through O'hare Airport. We started by waiting almost two hours in the security line leaving us little time for eating before our flight. We stopped at Goose Island and the service was amazing and the food was excellent. Our waitress Elizabeth listened to our time issues, quickly got us our drinks, food came promptly and was very good and quickly delivered our check. Friendly and courteous the entire time and then things got even better.

We arrived at our destination only to find that one of our party had misplaced her purse. We called the restaurant because it was the only place we had stopped in the airport. We promptly received a call back and in two days the purse was returned with all contents.

Excellent food, Great Service and very Friendly Staff. When I go back to Chicago I will plan for another visit. My compliments to everyone in the restaurant. They made airport travel a lot better.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Wow. My horrible Spirit Air service aside, I wanted something yummy while waiting for my flight and have been to Goose Island in Wrigleyville many times. I ordered a 312 and looked over their extremely limited menu, deciding on the spinach salad with chicken. It didn't take long for what looked like a bag of spinach dumped on a plate, with frozen and reheated chicken breast to come out. The cheese looked like an ounce chunk, no 'crumbling' and one ingredient was missing completely. This salad had four ingredients. It's not rocket science.
So I finished and asked for my bill which was $25. Turns out my 312 was $9. What in gods name is that?! It's $8.50 at Wrigley Field and $3-5 everywhere else!! How do you justify charging more?!
All of this, plus the fact that it took over ten minutes for someone to even acknowledge me at a half full bar, almost makes me not want to drink 312 again. Good thing FL has Cigar City and Dunedin Brewery.
It makes me sad to writ this bad of a review because the original Wrigleyville location has such a great menu and awesome service.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Worst service and worst food I've ever had. Had it not been for the ridiculously overpriced beers to lighten my mood I'd have been furious and walked out. Waitress was rude, inattentive and dismissive. The food was awful- horrible burger, horrible steak, just all awful. McDonald s is right around the corner, save yourself the $200 and go there. Thankfully for the waitress, I used to be one so she still got a tip but frankly I should have deducted $$. Goose island should stick to beer!

Been to Goose Island Pub? Share your experiences!