“Convenient and Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Vancouver, Canada
“Convenient and Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed for a night and, although getting there was frustrating, the overall experience was good. Upon arrival at the airport (5:40 PM on a Thursday) I immediately used the airport hotel kiosk to contact the hotel. After 10 rings someone answered and put me on hold. After 5 minutes a gentleman answered and suggested where I go to meet the shuttle. I got turned around so had to contact the hotel again only to have the same 10 rings and another 5 minutes on hold. This is the area that the hotel needs to take it up a notch! If I wasn't at that stage committed to the hotel I would have simply stayed somewhere else. The shuttle arrived as soon as it could and delivered the awaiting group to the hotel. From there the experience improved. The check in was flawless (probably as they focused on the guest and ignored those on hold on the phones). The room was very comfortable with a very nice area to work. The bed was comfortable and the washroom facilities nice. I found the hotel to be surprisingly quiet of air traffic however the noise was loud from other guest doors slamming shut in turn causing my door to rattle like someone was trying to come in. The restaurant was nice with good staff and the bar itself was very accommodating with exceptional service. I would most definitely give this hotel another chance.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
VancouverRod,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. We appreciate your feedback as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I sincerely apologize for any frustrations you experienced when contacting the hotel upon arrival. Your valuable comments provides an opportunity for improving our customer service. I'm pleased to hear your experience improved and we exceeded your expectations with our comfortable accommodations, quiet hotel, and exceptional service that our staff delivered during your stay. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Karen McGuigan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I called 3 separate times as we needed 4 rooms for Friday December 6th, 2013 for a park and fly rate. After almost 10 minutes on hold, I was transferred to "reservations" and told that no availability for rooms under the park and fly rate were available. That's extremely frustrating as I really enjoyed my stay here in the past.
I guess i'll have to book more than 2 weeks out next time....

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
wicowboyfan,
Thank you for writing. I appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention, and sincerely apologize for any frustrations you experienced during the reservation process. Due to limited resources, the Park & Fly package is based upon availability and often times sells out quickly. We value you as our guest and we do hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again.

NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Nothing special about this hotel, except the really nice young lady at the front desk who took time to find my "Goldilocks Room" -- not too far from the elevator and not too close. The beds are soft for my taste, but everything was clean. (They could use a warmer blanket. I had to pull the extra one from the closet.) Breakfast was fine room service. On time and everything was there as ordered. The restaurant and bar are good value and pleasant for an airport hotel. All in all, good value, but nothing special.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
NYCJake,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your visit to Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. We're glad you found our clean accommodations and friendly service to add value to your stay. It's unfortunate to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations. Please know we will take your comments into consideration to improve our guest experience. We hope you will give us another try in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a work trip (it's a 5 minute walk away from the office) and while I didn't spend a huge amount of time in the room, I found it comfortable, spacious with all the essentials for a work trip - an iron/ironing board, tea/coffee in the room and a decent hairdryer. The room was pretty quiet too particularly given the hotel's location right next to the Kennedy Expressway and is only about 20mins from O'Hare Airport..

The breakfast buffet was $18.95 and is pretty good value for money (includes a made to order omelette). We ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was very good (watch out for large portion sizes - the hotel is not exempt from this stateside reputation for huge servings).

Check out was fairly quick & easy - the only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is that a couple of times I asked reception staff for some assistance and was interrupted by another staff member's request - not the seamless customer service experience I've come to expect in the US. And while you might find this picky, the competition is stiff and the standards high so everyone should be at the top of their game!

Overall, a good stay.

1 Thank Kym H
Kym H,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your business travels, and we're glad our spacious and comfortable accommodations met your satisfaction. I'm sorry that we were unable to provide the seamless customer service that you've come to expect from us. I have addressed your comments with our staff in order to improve our guest experience. We're glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Topeka, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites is a really nice all suites hotel just two CTA stops from O'Hare. The services at the hotel are all top notch... as you would expect from Marriott. The suites are very spacious. There is a Starbucks on site if you are into their coffees. It is VERY conveniently next to a CTA stop so access to all manner of things is simple. (CTA passes are easy to get.) My only complaint is that being on the approach to O'Hare, I doubt there is a room where you won't hear the jets passing over.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Don T,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. It's wonderful to receive your complimentary feedback on the top notch services that you experienced during your visit. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Milton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stay a lot of night in hotels every year. So I notice the little things about a place. I like the hotel, so lets talk about it

Check-IN experience. Small check in area. We got off the airport shuttle and had to wait in line. To make matters worse. There was an airport Arrival's/Departure screen with lots of people looking at it right there. So it made the check in area very crowded. There where only two people working the front desk. There was not room for many more. So very poor design for airport hotel. They loose points on the check-in experience.

The people at the check in area were awesome. Fast, and really really nice. A+ for the people you hire.

Airport Shuttle: Good News it was free. It was also comfortable. Over all OK

Business Services. They need to do better. No color copier or printer. Come on Really????

Rooms. They were awesome. Really nice. A+++

restaurant in this hotel --- Not themed but good. also Starbucks right next door

overall I would recommend this hotel.

Michael C,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your recommendations of Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. Your valuable comments provide many opportunities to enhance our guest experience. We value you as our guest, and we hope you'll return for another visit again soon.

Saint Marys, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Although traveling for business, I brought my family with me for a week in Chicago. One of the evenings we decided to take a taxi and the hotel staff was kind enough to arrange a driver. Shortly after being dropped off at our destination, however, we realized that our 7 year old daughter left her favorite stuffed animal in the taxi. My daughter was in tears and we didn't have any information to contact the taxi driver. When we got back to the hotel later that night, we told our dilemma to the hotel staff. They went well above-and-beyond to find the taxi, retrieve the stuffed animal, and have it delivered to our room! If you are looking for a very nice hotel with excellent staff, I highly recommend this hotel.

Tracer88lx,
We're happy to hear from you, and we thank you for choosing Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than recognition from guests like you on the exceptional service you received during your stay. I look forward to sharing your comments and commending our staff on their excellence in service. We appreciate you sharing your recommendations of our great hotel, and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Karen McGuigan, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#131 of 187 in Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#105 of 187 in Chicago

Been to Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!