“Standed during a snow storm”

Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Ranked #70 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Boston
“Standed during a snow storm”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel before and was pleasantly surprised. The trip from the airport is easy just take the shuttle and you arrive in a very short time. The bar area was nice, very nice bar food and a good selection of wine. My room was very large, quiet and well appointed. I would stay her again when I need to lay over at O'Hare.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
JacquelineSmith,
Thank you for your kind review and feedback from your stay at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. I'm delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations with our service offerings and spacious accommodations. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing!

Karen McGuigan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was a last minute reservation, due to flight cancellation. I tried to book other hotels, but all were sold out. The room was a nice sized room, clean and bathroom was very modern. TVs could have been a little bigger. I could hear airplanes in the morning, although muffled. Front desk was overwhelmed when I checked in, only 2 people working desk. They were friendly and understanding. Room service took a little while. After 1/2 hour, I tried calling to find out status and let phone ring for 5 minutes, no joke, before I just hung up the phone. Shuttle service left right on time and was quick.

1 Thank Robert S
Robert S,
We appreciate your review and feedback from your experience at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. I'm glad our accommodations met your satisfaction and our staff delivered friendly service during your stay. I'm sorry to hear your room service took longer than expected and appreciate your patience. We will work to improve on the areas you mentioned and hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2014

As a frequent business traveler, I rarely get to have my children along while staying at hotels so I forget sometimes to see the "event" of staying in a hotel through their eyes. We came to Chicago for my daughter's 9th birthday. We chose the renaissance for its proximity to O'hare because of an early flight when we leave but also for its proximity to the El station so we can easily make it into downtown chicago. We arrived and were pleasantly greeted by nicole and morgan with valentine's cookies! Check-in was quick and both of them were helpful with ideas for dinner. Our room was immaculate and bed and linens made for an excellent night's sleep! All my daughter could say was "wow" about the "fancy" lobby and wonderful fireplaces. We checked out the pool and they had kids' movies playing against the wall of the pool!!!!! my daughter lost it and begged to return with our pizza down there! Back in the lobby, I asked for plates and silverware as we waited for our pizza and pasta to arrive and steven at the bar and Amy at the restaurant were both so nice and helpful! When Amy heard it was my daughter's birthday, she brought her a treat and my daughter was beaming from ear to ear! What a fantastic stay for a weekend getaway and how nice to be treated like a VIP; my daughter was blown away! (PS- this is from my daughter--"hi i really liked the valentines cookies morgan and nicole made.this is the best birthday of my life and the best hotel in the world!")

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
0515danielle,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and appreciation of our staff at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. Birthdays are such a special occasions and I am delighted to hear that we made your daughter's birthday so special. Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. They will each be thrilled to know that their extra efforts in service had such a wonderful impact. I look forward to sharing your kind comments and will make sure Morgan, Nicole, Steven, and Amy all receive special commendations for their genuine and hospitable service. Thank you again for your gracious review. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future for more family fun.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had a terrible night at the airport with delayed flight that ended up getting cancelled, so we had to stay the night at the Renaissance by O'Hare. We were greeted by Morgan who could not have been nicer. He really made our crappy night much better. He and Nicole provided great customer service to all the stranded guests. They both made sure that everyone was taken care of, and the room was great! Thank you Renaissance and Morgan for a lovely stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
sam22252,
We appreciate your review and we're glad you felt well taken care of by our staff at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. It's wonderful to know that Morgan and Nicole's warm hospitality added comfort to your unexpected stay. I will be certain to recognize both Morgan and Nicole with special commendations for their outstanding service. We're happy to have been a part of your travels, and we hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My girlfriend and I had to stay the night in Chicago due to weather. We chose to stay here and immediately felt welcomed. The entire staff was amazing. The dining room was stellar. Amy was great and gave great, fantastic service, along with our server, Melanie. Morgan at the front desk even gave us toiletries, and for that, I highly recommend the Renaissance at Chicago O'Hare for your lodging needs.

• Stayed February 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Shad1011,
We appreciate your review and high recommendations of Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. I'm delighted to hear you felt well taken care of by our staff during your stay. I'll be certain to share your compliments with our team and will also recognize Amy, Melanie, and Morgan with special commendations for their warm hospitality. Please continue to make us your home away from home when traveling through Chicago. Thank you again for writing.

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here while attending a meeting held on the same property.
The room layouts are exceptional--probably the smartest layout I've ever stayed in. The room has a nice desk area, sitting area and a separate sleeping area.
The staff I interacted with were top-notch, the meeting rooms were comfortable, the catered food was excellent.
Very impressed! Thanks everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
BeckyCakes,
We're happy to hear from you and thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. It's great to receive your compliments regarding our comfortable accommodations, as well as the excellent service delivered by our staff. We hope you'll visit us again at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. Thank you for your positive review.

Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My friends and I had gone to Chicago for a 21st birthday party. We expected to be treated poorly because there were five 21 year old college girls coming to the city. However, we were treated with the most dignity and respect! The staff was so helpful, especially Morgan! He was awesome to us!! The location of the hotel was extremely close to the blue line, so it was easy to get into the city. The staff was also very knowledgeable about the area! When we got lost or needed to go somewhere, they were more than accommodating! The room was huge and very nice!!! Honestly one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had! I highly recommend it and definitely ask for Morgan!! He will help you with a smile on his face

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Sammy S ,
Thank you for sharing feedback and your high recommendations of Renaissance Chicago O'Hare. We're happy to have been a part of your 21st birthday celebrations, and we're pleased to know our staff's warm hospitality exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass along your kind comments to Morgan and will take that opportunity to recognize him with a special commendation for his outstanding service. It's great to hear we provided you with one of the best hotel experiences, and we hope you'll return again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Karen McGuigan, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#106 of 188 in Chicago
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#135 of 188 in Chicago

Been to Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!