“Great experience and delicious food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of RPM Italian

RPM Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
RPM Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dearborn & Illinois
Transit: Grand Ave. Red Line
Description: RPM Italian presents cuisine that is modern in approach and Italian in spirit, with dishes intended to be shared. Chef partner Doug Psaltis has created a menu which features a variety of cold and hot antipasti, more than a dozen freshly prepared in-house pastas, and a selection of salads, prime steaks, chops and slow-roasted meats. The restaurant also has an open bar area where guests can order a signature cocktail, or enjoy a glass of wine from their extensive list. Sophisticated and chic, yet unpretentious, RPM Italian is perfect for a great meal or late night out.
Brooklyn, New York
“Great experience and delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

If you go to RPM on a Saturday night without a resi be prepared to WAIT! Or to tackle a table in the bar area!! We actually waited in the bar area with cocktails and was able to grab a table within an hour, which was much quicker than the 2 hour wait we were told we'd have to wait for a table. This is typical in a large city though!

The cocktails were OKAY. Some better than others. I was a little disapointed that I sent a drink back and still got charged $11 for it. I would have just kept it and given it to a friend at the table if I would have been notified by the waitress. The meatballs are to DIE for. Please get the meatballs as an appetizer or with your meal!! The sauce is cooked to perfection and the meat is tender and tasty! We also shared the figs as an appetizer. I thought they were good but also interesting. I probably wouldnt get them again and most of the girls whished they could have used a different cheese inside rather than the gorgonzola, but I believe that goes with figs.

I had the squid ink pasta with king crab pieces and it was good!! The only thing is that I wish the sauce was a little bit more tastier on this entree. I think it was a light butter sauce. The marinara would have been 100% better- or maybe give ppl that option at least! I've had it in other restaurants with a light creame sauce which I prefer over this butter type sauce.

Atmosphere is perfect! It was classy, trendy, beautiful inside! Would definitely return!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jill4115

• Polish first
Lahaina, Hawaii
“"Great Italian Joint"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

This restaurant was across the street from our hotel and since the hotel's restaurant was closed we decided to order take out from RPM Italian. Great idea- we tried numerous small plates including house made charcuteries and artisanal cheeses along with a couple pasta entrees as well. Fabulous food!! This is not the typical mom and pop boring Italian restaurant, much more modern and upscale cuisine. And take out seemed perfect because the place was packed with a younger bar crowd and I could barely walk through the bar to get our food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bethany S
Derry, New Hampshire
“Go for the Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Perfect small plate restaurant. Extremely busy dining room and bar-definitely make reservations. We went on a Sat nite, 5 adults. Quick drink in a busy bar, great people watching. Nice booth and excellent waitress, I'm sorry I can't remember her name and she is also a bartender. Started with the pepperoni pizza and also the special of the night both were excellent. The pepperoni tasted like it used to-before so many new brands. We had a selection of four -six other small plates and ended with the mini cannoli. I also have to admit we ordered two more of the pizzas! Go!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank shirley b
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Revving at RPM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

First time here. Glad we reserved because on a Saturday night, it was a mob scene. Seated at a high top - bit uncomfortable. Would have preferred a low top table. Food and service was excellent however. The cocktails were also killer!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Psalflyer
Overland Park, Kansas
“Expensive, small plates, mediocre bar service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

In Chicago on business I went to RPM for dinner, since it was next door to my hotel. The good? It is a very visually pleasing place. The bad? Let me begin...

First, 1 shot drinks at $10 each. I don't think I ever paid that much for a non specialty cocktail. I didn't realize the bartender lured top shelf until I got the bill. Not sure if Grey Goose is house...she never asked me what I wanted, nor the price listed.

Second, the prices appear reasonable but beware. They are small plates/portions. The salad I ordered was good except I don't think it's the same one that I requested. I also had about 12 small ravioli on a large plate. That was it. After my bill reached $50, I left and had dinner.

Finally, the female bartender did not smile all night. I was not acknowledged until I asked for a menu. Not impressed.

There are much better Italian restaurants at more reasonable prices on the block. Maggianos is much better and has a more complete menu, 1 block away. I went there the following night.

Visited November 2013