“good value”
Review of Filini

Filini
Reserve with OpenTable
Filini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #266 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: E. Lower Lake St.
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“good value”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent staff, good menu. Interesting choices. Service exceptional, food freshly prepared and nicely presented. The scallops and Alaskan cod highly recommended

Visited June 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to leave us a review. I could not be happier that you loved your experience and that you received excellent service. I hope we see you back at Filini soon.

Chicago, Illinois
“great birthday celebrations”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've been here with a group of friends and then for three birthday celebrations of family members. As you can tell, it's a great place to get together. It is elegant but unpretentious. For my brother's birthday, he requested a pasta with and without certain ingredients and they were very accommodating. For my mother's birthday and my own, Tomas was our waiter and was very attentive. He recommended a nice Italian wine for us, as well as the spinach salad with marinated mushrooms - both delicious. My mom and I had fettucini with mushroom pasta which was excellent. A friend had steak which he said was cooked exactly as he asked. We received the delicious panna cotta and chocolate cake with coffee gelato for dessert, complete with candles and explained by the chef Carolina. Overall, many great experiences, excellent food, and great service - will definitely go back.

Visited March 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for dining in Filini and taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you had a great experience and that you have continued to choose us for all of your birthday celebrations! I will be sure to share your compliments with Carolina and Tomas. I hope that we see you again soon!

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Poor cold food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Starters were fine.

Pasta was tasteless and comparable to mainstream Italian restaurants that are a lot cheaper.

My main, the lamb was served cold with a cold sauce. They then reheated the part eaten lamb, but not the sauce, and the re-served to me, which is again rejected. Finally they cooked me a proper dish that I eat on my own, the rest of the table having eaten.

I would note that despite the reviews here only about 6 tables were taken on a Saturday night.

Despite the above, they decided to charge for the main course (!!). Finally, having order both white ( for the starters) and red ( for the main) we had to chase twice for wine glasses to drink the red wine from.

Approach with caution please.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris H
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that you had a disappointing experience while dining in Filini and that your meal was not served at the proper temperature. I am addressing each of your concerns with our team so that we can improve our operations moving forward. I am truly sorry for any disappointment or delay we caused for you and hope that you will return so we can recoup your confidence in us.

calgary
“Good food but limited menu”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Not enough food choices for my liking. What we did eat was good quality and the price was very reasonable

Visited June 2014
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for dining with us and for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your meal, but apologize that you would have preferred additional menu choices. We do change our menus seasonally and make most items in house. I apologize for any disappointment you experienced and hope that you will still return in the future.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Delicious, great service, beautiful place”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Wife and I for light dinner that turn out to one of the best. Soup, Salad, shared the Prosciutto
pasta, bottle of wine, and a grappa. perfect. Atmosphere great modern unpretentious and sophisticated. Service from the you fellow Daniele could not have been better a real asset to this restaurant and to the people he serves. The BA hotel is special not what you'd expect from Raddison.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed the hotel as well. I will be sure to share your compliments with Danielle. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!