“Good Food, Solid Staff = A fine time”
Review of Filini

Filini
Reserve with OpenTable
Filini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #268 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: E. Lower Lake St.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I tend to avoid carbs which drives my wife nuts as she lives on them. So for an early anniversary dinner I decided to take her out for Italian. The drinks were very good, the small plate was solid and the pasta dish outstanding. Main's were solid and the desert was celebratory. But was it special? Not really. It was really good and we had an enjoyable evening. But if you are a visitor to the Windy City looking for that special place, this might not be the best choice. If you are looking for a good meal at a fair price to mix into your visit, Filini will be a good addition to list of places to go.

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for dining in Filini and celebrating your anniversary with us. I am happy that you enjoyed each of your courses, however, I would like to apologize that your meal did not feel like a special experience. I will share your comments with our team so we can continue to improve in the future. I hope that you will return so we can show you the true Italian hospitality we are known for.

Filini General Manager

There are newer reviews for Filini

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent staff, good menu. Interesting choices. Service exceptional, food freshly prepared and nicely presented. The scallops and Alaskan cod highly recommended

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to leave us a review. I could not be happier that you loved your experience and that you received excellent service. I hope we see you back at Filini soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've been here with a group of friends and then for three birthday celebrations of family members. As you can tell, it's a great place to get together. It is elegant but unpretentious. For my brother's birthday, he requested a pasta with and without certain ingredients and they were very accommodating. For my mother's birthday and my own, Tomas was our waiter and was very attentive. He recommended a nice Italian wine for us, as well as the spinach salad with marinated mushrooms - both delicious. My mom and I had fettucini with mushroom pasta which was excellent. A friend had steak which he said was cooked exactly as he asked. We received the delicious panna cotta and chocolate cake with coffee gelato for dessert, complete with candles and explained by the chef Carolina. Overall, many great experiences, excellent food, and great service - will definitely go back.

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for dining in Filini and taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you had a great experience and that you have continued to choose us for all of your birthday celebrations! I will be sure to share your compliments with Carolina and Tomas. I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Starters were fine.

Pasta was tasteless and comparable to mainstream Italian restaurants that are a lot cheaper.

My main, the lamb was served cold with a cold sauce. They then reheated the part eaten lamb, but not the sauce, and the re-served to me, which is again rejected. Finally they cooked me a proper dish that I eat on my own, the rest of the table having eaten.

I would note that despite the reviews here only about 6 tables were taken on a Saturday night.

Despite the above, they decided to charge for the main course (!!). Finally, having order both white ( for the starters) and red ( for the main) we had to chase twice for wine glasses to drink the red wine from.

Approach with caution please.

1  Thank Chris H

Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that you had a disappointing experience while dining in Filini and that your meal was not served at the proper temperature. I am addressing each of your concerns with our team so that we can improve our operations moving forward. I am truly sorry for any disappointment or delay we caused for you and hope that you will return so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Not enough food choices for my liking. What we did eat was good quality and the price was very reasonable

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your meal, but apologize that you would have preferred additional menu choices. We do change our menus seasonally and make most items in house. I apologize for any disappointment you experienced and hope that you will still return in the future.