“Excellent Italian Diner - modern atmosphere”
Review of Filini

Filini
Reserve with OpenTable
Filini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 10,074 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: E. Lower Lake St.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Evening dinner for four and everyone was very pleased with the meal. The calamari is perfect; crisp and excellent. I had the prime rib cut and it was outstanding. Gals had pasta and loved it. Nice Barolo on the menu and the service was outstanding.

1  Thank Thomas S
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for dining in Filini and for taking the time to leave us a review. I couldn't be happier that you loved your dining experience and that you enjoyed each of the meal selections. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a good breakfast this is where to start your day. Hardly any wait to get a table. The service was great always making sure everything is okay. The food was really good very fresh with loads of flavor. The price is standard for hotel restaurant. Overall its worth eating here.

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for dining at Filini and taking the time to leave us a review. I am honored that you enjoyed your breakfast and that our team was attentive to your needs. I hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just wowed by the service and food. Waiter Daniele impressed from the start. Chef Carolina came out and apologized for a slight delay for one main item- and provided a yummy pasta dish to eat while waiting. The main event however was the personalized attention to our 'soon to be 7' year old daughter. Not only did they remember her name- they provided a delicious mousse complete with candle AND a birthday card signed by a number of the staff. Loved this place.

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for dining in Filini and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am honored that you had such a fantastic experience celebrating your daughter's birthday, and I will share your compliments with Daniele and Chef Carolina. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Conveniently located in the Radisson Hotel, Filini's was a wonderful dining experience from the beginning to the end. The modern decor greeted us initially at the bar and was a sign that this was going to be a memorable experience. My wife, two young daughters and myself were not let down. We were warmly greeted by the hostess and our table was ready immediately. Our waiter Eric and his assistant, a gentleman from Togo in West Africa, probably reviewed the menu and all the specials. My girls like the macaroni and cheese and it was well portioned. My wife enjoyed her dish that was pasta, pancetta and peas. She liked the flavor of the sauce. My spaghetti and seafood tasted fresh. However, I think the sauce (gravy) needs to be reworked. It was too thin and needs more robust flavor.

Overall, this was a good dining experience and we would return for a repeat visit next time we are in Chicago.

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to see that each of you enjoyed your meal, and I will share your compliments and suggestions with our Chef. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We sat outside of the bar for appetizers and drinks and weren't disappointed. We loved the combo of marinated Tuscan olives, warm Marcona almonds, Grana Padano cheese, and honey comb. We also enjoyed the wild mushroom infused with truffle oil pizza.

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Filini, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy that loved your meal and our outdoor seating. I hope we see you again soon.