“Loved this Hotel”
Review of Ivy Boutique Hotel

Ivy Boutique Hotel
Ranked #83 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The Ivy Boutique Hotel located 1+1/2 blocks from the magnificent mile is centrally located, has a great staff and is very chic. The staff always greeted us and went out of their way to point us towards the many attractions to see and the varied restaurants to experience. An unbelievable feature was one of our 3 tv's located in the mirror of our bathroom. So cool. Each nite we would receive chocolates and a card noting the weather for the next day and a friendly greeting in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank albertcoheny

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I stayed in the King Suite, which was wonderful. Lots of room, and the bathrooms are quite Large.
The only place I feel they need improvement is in their lobby Bar and their Rooftop Bar. Just BAD BAD BAD Service!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Ivy. We went with the two queen suite (4 people). Pretty spacious - entry way, large bathroom, two beds in one area, then a partial wall and the living area (and windows to the street) on the other side (couch, chair, desk, desk chair, dresser). Bathroom was great - double sinks, giant bathtub, toilet, and an amazing shower. I don't usually like rain shower heads, but this was great - best water pressure i have experienced. The towels were thinner and smaller than i would have expected, but clean and functional.
Other notes:
No gym in the hotel, but you get complimentary access to an LA Fitness a few blocks away.
Nice rooftop terrace with a bar & comfy couches and chairs.
Each night they delivered cake balls and a card with the temp for the following day - nice touch
Location was great - only a few blocks to Michigan Ave one way and the lake the other, plenty of fantastic restaurants under a mile away.
We could hear doors closing (on the floor) occasionally

I would definitely at the Ivy again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We needed a place where it was walking distance for shopping, relaxing and rewarding. We found it! Our daughter was registering at college and the Ivy was like a home away from home - we could shop - we could relax. Room service was incredible. The beds were heaven! So clean - so inviting. The service was incredible - stored our luggage, found cabs - truly treated us like queens. And the lounge on the roof was a great place to just relax - have a beverage - snacks and look out at the skyline of Chicago!
This was our second stay - it will be our ONLY place we stay as we make many trips to visit our daughter in Chicago!

Room Tip: Make sure you visit the roof top lounge when you are there!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First, the rooms are not sound proofed at all, which turned out to be a real problem when there was a bachelorette party in the room next to mine. I called to complain two times. Both times, the person at the desk apologized, but didn't do anything (the noise continued). When I checked out, they told me they would email my receipt. Well, they managed to charge my credit card, but they never did get around to emailing that receipt, which was interesting because they overcharged me by 150 dollars. Skip this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Carolins S
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed at the IVY in December 2012 and absolutely LOVED it! I posted lots of details so please do a quick search for my previous review. I loved it SOOOOO much - that as soon as I knew I would be spending a July week in Chicago - I immediately booked the IVY again!

For starters - ALEX was incredibly attentive to me, as was AMY. I had quite a few conversations and small requests and Alex was always so quick to help me in every way! Everyone who works at the Front Desk was always friendly and helpful. Jetmir is one of the men who works at the front door welcoming guests. He was so friendly to me and always made me feel like I was the only guest in the hotel! He helped me numerous times from getting me a cabs to holding my drink while I juggled luggage!

I stayed in a suite - #205 - with 2 queen beds and a full living room. I had a street view which is what I requested. The room is very contemporary and gorgeous. There are many nice touches including incredible linen that feels luscious when you climb into bed. I loved having a Keurig coffeemaker for my morning coffee. Every night - with turndown service - they would leave a little dessert to enjoy - cake-pops or cookies. Delicious sweet thought! The beds are very comfortable platform beds - low to the ground. I mention that because I'm short and I have been in many hotels where I could barely climb up into the bed. The beds were quite comfortable! Good pillows, too.

I saved the BEST part of the suite for last. The BATHROOM!! OMG!! If I didn't love Chicago so much, I would have just stayed in this bathroom for a week. The shower stall has an unbelievable rain-head shower. This is nothing small....it is LARGE and the water comes out of the rain-head with great pressure. But....there's more! It also has a European small shower-head on a sliding bar with hose that can be removed for extra rinsing. More!! The floor of the shower is a polished marble base - a large rectangle that feels delightful on your tired feet - the drain is hidden below this marble slab. Bottom line - you better prioritize an hour per day for this shower because you will not want to get out!!

If you prefer a bath - the bathtub is the size of a small swimming pool! It's huge and it's deep - so you can soak those sore feet from all the walking in Chicago!

The bathrooms in the suites have a beautiful marble counter with two beautiful sinks. There are drawers and plenty of storage for your personal items. The counter is very large - lots of space.

There are plenty of nice towels, a nice robe, nice toiletries, coffee pods, and a mini-cooler where they are fine with you removing their items to cool your own items. (I didn't feel that this was as cold as a refrigerator but it is a very decent cooler for drinks, fruit, etc.)

The living room has a nice leather sofa with attractive cushions, a modern velvet chair, a large desk with an attached area to place your suitcase, lots of light-switches, a large cocktail table with many, many books on Chicago, end-tables and everything you would want to relax!

TVs --> The living room has a large-flat panel tv, the bedroom has a mounted flat-panel tv and the bathroom has a tv built into the huge wall mirror!

Last but not least, I had the absolutely pleasure of meeting the General Manager, James. He was incredibly personable and I really loved chatting with him. I'm sure he had a million things to do but he made me feel like royalty. I had shared with him that hundreds of people read my last TripAdvisor review but I was going to write another review for my 2nd stay! What really impressed me about James is that he was aware of every last detail in the hotel. And....he CARED!! He told me that earlier in the day, he was up in the Sky Lounge planting flowers!! He helps out with EVERYTHING!!

All in all.....my goal is to make the IVY Boutique Hotel my 'home away from home' every single time I am lucky enough to visit Chicago - in this perfect location near the Magnificent Mile!

I hope you love the IVY as much as I do! Feel free to contact me for more information if you want it!

Room Tip: I specifically wanted a room with 2 queens rather than a king - there aren't as many double-quee...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Varda C
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

My teenage daughter and I stayed here while visiting Chicago. I spent lots of time selecting this hotel, and it was fabulous!! The suites are amazing---exceptionally clean and sleek, lovely furnishings, gorgeous bath, turndown service, Keurig coffee, honor bar, nifty window coverings. The rooftop bar/tapas place was great and relaxing at the end of a busy day. This place has everything---great location, attentive staff....who always went the extra mile!! Alex at the front desk was especially friendly and helpful. Thanks for making our first visit to Chicago memorable and happy!!!

• Stayed: July 2013