Ivy Boutique Hotel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$535
US$446
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
US$254
US$212
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
  • Pool
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$181
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$240
Cancelon
All reviewsking suitesky terracebathroom mirrorrooftop barrain showerfront desksoaking tubturn down servicedouble sinksliving spacesitting areamichigan avesmall hotelthe magnificent milemag miletwo blocksnavy pier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Great location. Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Efficient car valet service. Comfortable bed. Nice T.V.. Good work area. Free WiFi. In room safe (free). Just 1.5 blocks from Michigan Ave (Mag Mile). Keurig Coffee maker in room. Mini bar in room plus snack items ($). Bathroom nice, but single sink. Suites have double sinks and sofa area. Standard room ok for 1-2 people for short stay. Would rate it at 3.5 stars due to size of room. Same street as Garrett's Famous Popcorn and the popular restaurant Grand Lux is on corner of Michigan and Ontario. Overall, we would return and do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I arrived and was ignored for more than five minutes while the front desk was on a call - no acknowledgement of any sort. Got to my room to find my key didn't work. Finally got into my room - which was lovely and there's no where to plug in a computer, so in a business dress I climbed under the desk, unplugged the desk lamp and powered up my computer.

I attempted to visit the rooftop lounge around 9:30pm, which the front desk said was open, but it was closed and dark do I returned to my room.

Later in the evening (around 10pm) my neighbors came back to their room, and started yelling and playing music at full volume. I called down to ask to have my room moved, as it was clear this was not going to be easily stopped. The front desk would not allow me to move, but called and the music was turned down but the yelling continued. Around 3:00am, the music started up again, along with fighting in the hall and more yelling, both in the room and in the hall. This continued off and on throughout the early morning hours, without any response from management or security.

I'd hoped to get a little sleep on a business trip, but clearly this hotel management was not concerned, despite my calls.

Upon waking at 5:15am to catch my flight, I got in the shower - only to find there was almost no variance on the water temperature - my options were miserably hot or scalding.

All-in-all, this was an incredibly poor experience. It's a shame as the rooms are beautiful and the location is great. I intentionally stay in non-chain hotels, and expect there to be done quirkiness, but not disregard for customers' comfort.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Leesa E
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I felt like I was the only person staying there and the hotel staff took forever to do anything. I left my drivers license and CC at the front desk when I checked in at midnight. I called first thing in the morning and 3 subsequent times to see if they had them and was told no each time. They couldnt find them until I was adamant... It was really annoying and almost shady..

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank NickFio
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Ivy. It was a little pricy but they had a promotion for a queen room upgraded to a king suite. The room was just beautiful! So much space! Everything was extremely clean, beautifully decorated. There was a safe in the closet, very handy for storing passports safely. The pillows were a little too thick for my taste so i asked if they had another model and it was delivered immediately. Terrific service. The bed is really comfy! They even put little fancy chocolates and/or cookies on the bed every night. Nice way to end the day!

The lobby is gorgeous and the rooftop terrace is a wonderful touch. The location could not be better. We were able to walk everywhere from the beach to millenium park. And there is a subway very close by so we were able to save the 60$ cab fare from the airport and take the subway for $2.25.

The staff are extremely professional and polite. Very friendly.

Things worth considering while in chicago: tour of wrigley field, chicago theatre tour, visit to millenium park, chicago symphony orchestra concerts in the park, Million dollar quartet musical, walk along michigan lake, etc.

The restaurants are wonderful as well. We are vegetarian and we had no problems at all finding delicious and healthy meals. The Grand Lux Cafe is a must. Make sure you save room for desert!! Beautiful decor and wonderful menu. Wildberry pankakes & cafe is a great breakfast place. You must get some popcorn at Garrett, just a block from the hotel... Your nose will not let you walk by without going inside!

Chicago was just beautiful... Flowers, trees, parks everywhere! I was quite impressed. Wonderful just walking around. Quite safe too, police on pretty much every corner on Magnificent Mile (Michigan ave).

If you're thinking of visiting the outlets, forget it unless you have a car. Over 1.5 hr drive and not easily doable on public transportation. But, there is some great shopping along Michigan ave.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoneyBear7
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel is a unique mix of pros and cons. I have stayed at multiple places in Chicago and know what the price range gets you...Pros are:location, stylish atmosphere, great "rain" showers, spacious rooms, rooftop bar. Cons are: no concierge service so don't ask too much of the front desk staff ( they are very friendly but not very knowledgeable), the beds are platform with no box spring and very very HARD. The furniture in the room is so hard there are no comfortable places to actually sit unless you sit up on the bed. The food served in the rooftop is brought up in the elevator by staff, the food is uncovered. We watched as we rode up in a crowded elevator as the staff member brought a plate of chicken to a guest. For the price, we would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: This room has three categories of rooms. There are rooms with only one queen bed and no view at all..fyi.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple