“Dont Book With An Online Service!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #99 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Ottawa, Illinois
“Dont Book With An Online Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

Do not book this hotel using an online site like Hotels.com!!
We booked a King bed non smoking for a one night stay to celebrate our anniversary. Upon arriving a very rude front deck clerk informed us that they"Crowne plaza metro" did not have to honor our King bed booking because it was made with an online service and instead we were going to get a Double room. If we didnt take it we would lose ALL the money.Final in the room we find two small beds. Im a big guy.

So, To make a long story short. I spent my anniversary sleeping alone. My wife woke the next day with a rash from the detergent they use. (We hope thats what it was)

So thank you Crowne plaza Metro for an Anniversary that nether my wife or I will ever forget!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ibmerlin
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 17 March 2011
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a candid review about our hotel. I am terribly sorry for the incident that took place involving you and one of our staff members. We, at the Chicago Metro, find that behavior unacceptable and we will certainly address our guest services practices to correct the matter. I would also like to apologize for not being able to give you your requested room type as well as provide you with an overall positive stay experience here at our hotel. On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to make it right with you and give you another opportunity to experience our hotel and what we have to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss this matter further. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Ronald L. Shelton II
Assistant General Manager
Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Sheboygan, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

Checking in and out was a breeze and there were no problems with charges on our bill. You need a room key to access the elevators which was a nice touch and made us feel more secure. Our room on the 8th floor was clean and comfortable. The beds were decent and the shower was lovely. We enjoyed the view from the balcony, especially at night. The hotel is right off the highway and the walls aren't terribly soundproof so expect some noise. The internet connection was lousy, but free. Do not use their valet parking, there are at least 2-3 lots right across the street that offer self-parking for much cheaper. We did self-park above Dominick's. Overall, we had a nice stay and would visit again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bfishmetro, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Dear 2FoodJunkies,

I would like take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to offer your compliments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service they receive at our hotel. Please be assured that I will post your comments in our Service Success area for all of the team members at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments. Should your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, I ask that you extend the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect!

Bryan Fish
Front Office Manager
312.829.5000
bfish@thechicagometro.com
Deerfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

We did a long weekend trip to Chicago for sightseeing. This hotel was sufficient. It has a modern look and feel to it, from the main entrance to the rooms. Our room was nice. Nothing fancy. We have stayed in cleaner and nicer hotels. Had to have our sheets changed because there was something crusty on them...but they promptly came up and took care of it. Besides that, we didn't really have any issues. The room just didn't feel clean after that. The location isn't bad, definitely not ideal though. It is a short walk to downtown, but not in the center of downtown. But we did feel safe in it. There are probably better deals you can find in a downtown hotel, but if we had to, we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mknutter
Stewart, Mn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

The hotel looks a lot better online then when we actually arrived. You can tell it is an older hotel that has been updated. We were very disappointed. We couldn't locate a hair dryer until the last day when we found it on the top shelf of the closet in a bag.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank dchStewart_Mn
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

Great place but I was told when I made the reservation that parking was free. It was $36.00 to park and you had to use their valet service. Call me an old fasioned farm boy but the valet service is a joke! Quite a rip off actually. Not only was I very capable of parking my own vehicle and carrying my bags the 60 or so feet to the front door I actually would have prefered these guys not get in my vehicle!!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank crown45
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

The keys to my Cadillac CTS was given to someone off the street by the valet company. Valet Authority Inc. Which the hotel requires you to use. I am out of pocket for the insurance deductible and the rekeying of my home. This happened on my wedding night no less. They have been no help and evidently don't care to help resolve my remaining issues. The general manager called me once and left a message never bothering to return my calls and talk to me personally.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
lmendiola, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Dear TKeaty:

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to speak with me on the phone today. I am terribly sorry for the incident that took place involving your vehicle during your stay with us. I would also like to apologize for not be able to connect with you live regarding this incident. I knew that you were in touch with one of my associates here at the hotel and a representative for the valet company. I am pleased to hear that a settlement has been reached with our valet company. As discussed, we will work with you to make you whole for any out of pocket expenses you incurred. I will contact you again as soon as I have more detailed information to share. In addition, we would like to inform you that we have had meetings with our valet company regarding their policies and operational procedures. They have assured us that any necessary refinements to their procedures have been put into place. We will remain committed to insuring that all of our hotels services exceed the expectations of our guests. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any questions.

Leonard Mendiola
Elkhart, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

This hotel look great from the outside but car was broken into 15 paces away from valet stand!! Supposedly it was broken into when security guard was on break. Between 5am and 7AM! ???You have better look parking on any street than paying 36.00 a day for them to take care of your car. Assistant Manager was not helpful. Would not call the police until I insisted. Would not park my car under canopy when it was pouring down rain until I insisted. Did not inform me of paperwork to fill out from valet company. You can forget about valet company. You would be safer sleeping in a tent outside the hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business