“ERIC IS A ROCK STAR ! - EXCELLENT SERVICE”

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #96 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Friend's flight was delayed on Sunday May 22nd due to bad weather. The staff at the Crowne were excellent, Eric was the front desk manager and in a very short time was able to accommodate my friends with an excellent rate and even allowed them some additional time to check out in the morning. All this was done with a very short time spent on the telephone. Thank you Eric and the Night audit worker, you helped to take the stress out of travel delay.

Room Tip: Phone ahead with your anticipated needs it helps..
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Dear einnejjja,

I would like take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to offer your compliments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

It is our goal to always provide exceptional service to every guest. Based on your feedback, it appears that we did just that during your stay with us.

We value your loyalty and always will look for you to provide us with honest feedback about the service you receive at our hotel. Please be assured that we shared your comments with Eric and our Night Audit staff so they can enjoy.

Whenever your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, we asked that you extend the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from our brand. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Chicago. The reason I chose this hotel was based on all the positive reviews and a reasonable rate as well as the convenience of having a Supermarket(dominicks), a Walgreens, a Starbucks and a few restaurants all within a block radius. If you are traveling on a budget, getting food at the market is a good place to get food. It is in Greektown, so most of the restaurants nearby are Greek, but there menus are all full of many varieties. Of course the hotel has it's own restaurant, I did not have a chance to eat there, just had drinks. The room was clean and well maintained, each room has a balcony. The rooms are a little small, but for a solo traveler, it's good enough. I would not recommend it for couples or families. The bathroom is a little small as well. They have free wifi and wired interenet. The wifi slowed down at night, so I ended using the wire which was provided in the room. I guess there are too many users. But overall the stay was good. I would definately stay here again on my next trip to Chicago.

1  Thank sslb961

Dear cbl7,

We value your loyalty and always will look for you to provide us with honest feedback about the service you receive at our hotel. Please be assured that we shared your comments with hotel staff so they can enjoy.

When your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, we asked that you extend the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from our brand. In addition, when you have an opportunity, please do not hesitate to give our restaurant Dine a try as well during your next visit. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

We have stayed at this Crowne Plaza before and found this experience to be very positive....We stayed in a suite which was extremely well laid out with a well-designed bathroom equipped with more shelve space and mirrors than other rooms we've stayed in...We had a nice balcony overlooking the city......Even the coffee provided in the room was of excellent quality and easy to make....

When we arrived our room was not ready, but we stopped in the dining room and our waiter alerted us when it became available, even went out of his way to get the room number for us, making the transition to our room seamless and smooth....

We'd give high marks to the friendliness of the staff and would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel to anyone......

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear qboop,

When your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, we asked that you extend the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from our brand. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

I recently had a weeks business stay here. It really has everything that the business traveller requires.

The rooms are a good size and well appointed. Very clean, plenty of towels and a quiet environment.

The staff are excellent and always available to assist.

It's only a short walk to the river, but there are always taxis outside the building. From the city every taxi driver knows the hotel and the location.

Good grocery and coffee shops across the road.

Highly recommended.

Dear Dermotm,

It is our goal to always provide a comfortable, exceptional experience to every guest. Based on your feedback, it appears that we did just that during your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

The hotel was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. My room was clean. The hotel staff was amazing and friendly. They were always kind, courteous and helpful. There is a grocery store across the street. A Walgreen's right behind the hotel and across the street a Starbucks. We used the meeting room and they were always clean. The sales rep Carol Bader was awesome. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Dear Lapinoy,

We value your loyalty and always will look for you to provide us with honest feedback about the service you receive at our hotel. Please be assured that we shared your comments with Carol Bader so she can enjoy.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed here three nights to see Bon Jovi at Soldier's Field. We were in a Jr Suite. The stay was perfect. The hotel was beautiful and all of the staff amazing. There is a Grocery store on one side and a drug store on the other.

This property is at the Northern point of Greek Town. We had lots of fun walking around there and we had dinner there Saturday night. It was wonderful. Great food and great people. We will be going there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Valinor,

We value your loyalty and always will look for you to provide us with honest feedback about the service you receive at our hotel. Please be assured that we shared your comments with our team so they can enjoy.

Reviewed 6 April 2011

I usually stay here when I come back to my hometown and the staff always makes me feel like a king!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business