“Loved it so much, we got married here!”

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #96 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago
“Loved it so much, we got married here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I will start by saying that I am partial to this hotel since it holds sentimental value for me. However, the whole reason we decided to hold such a special event here was because of the impeccable service, individual attention, and higher end vibe we received at the Metro. My husband and I first stayed in a suite that has a balcony that overlooks downtown Chicago. In fact, all of the rooms have full functioning balconies, something you don't see often in Chicago. The staff was very courteous and attentive. The rooms were well decorated and gave you a high end feel. I love, love, love their showers! Perfect water pressure and the hot water won't s boil you! The beds were very comfortable.

The location of the hotel is very unique and is the only large hotel in the Greek Town/ West Loop area. I love this part of Chicago. It's close to spas, shops, tons of restaurants (seriously, TONS), and is close to University of IL- Chicago (UIC), University Village, United Center, Harpo Studios, which are all fun places to visit. Downtown Chicago is literally across the street (well, highway to be exact) and is within walking distance to the Loop.

I definitely recommend this hotel for any trip to Chicago, meetings, or event.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Dear Aparad2:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.

It is our goal to provide a Unique Crowne Plaza experience to every guest, it appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. We thank you for allowing us to share in your wedded bliss during your stay here and our Catering/Banquets Team as well as our hotel team will love to learn that they've impacted your experience. With the information received we can ensure your positive experiences will be mirrored and shared with our guests in the future.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback so we can improve our services.

Again, thank you for allowing us to celebrate with you. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
general
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Reasonable location for Chicago where we did a weekend stopover in a longer trip. Challenge #1: Arriving at 11 AM we were told the room would be available at 1:30, but when we returned at 4 we had another half hour to wait. (Response: The very apologetic and friendly staff comped our parking.) Challenge #2: the building appears to have been built for another purpose--the A/C has very aggressive/noisy split units, not central, and there appears to be no bathroom exhaust fan. Challenge #3: the breakfast included in the deal had tasteless scrambled eggs (if they were indeed real eggs) and the coffee guy never got back to us after the first cup. (Response: we left and used the coffee maker provided in the room). I'd go back, but would seek alternative accommodations first.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front/north side have a better view of the Chicago skyline, but no rooms have a direct...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear AfricaAsiaTraveller:

It is our goal to provide a Great Crowne Plaza experience to every guest, it appears that we didn't totally achieve that during your stay. Our guests are our greatest asset and we like to partner with them when we learn our services aren't to their expectations. I have reviewed your comments and I will share them with our General Manager as well as our hotel team. With the information received we can ensure we will correct these behaviors and our guests will have more positive experiences moving forward with our hotel. Please feel free to give me a call so we can discuss more ways to improve at anytime. Our goal is to invite you back and host you as a lifetime guest.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I had a very good experience at this hotel. My options were limited at the time of booking and I chose it mainly because of low cost and proximity to the office I would be visiting. The hotel is clean, modern. My room had a fantastic bed. My rate included a breakfast, which had a good selection. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because the location will not likely appeal to the masses - it is in Greektown right next to the interstate highway, which can be dodgy and noisy. It is a bit of a walk from the downtown core and quite far from the touristy areas. That being said, I walked/jogged and had no problems getting to what I wanted to see on foot. Go to Giordano's pizza which is a couple of blocks away for awesome pizza, then have a night cap in the hotel bar, which was always buzzing. Oh, and it had an AMAZING gym!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Dear LusoCanuck:

It is our goal to provide a Clean, Modern, Comfortable Crowne Plaza experience to every guest, it appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. I have reviewed your comments and I will share them with our General Manager as well as our hotel team. With the information received we can ensure your positive experiences will be mirrored and shared with our guests in the future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Booked this hotel for 2 nights at less than $150 per night. Very courteous staff. nice view of the downtown. Walgreens and Dominicks (grocery) were in walking distance. My hubby was upset that there was no microwave or fridge =/. Didn't have to drive our car but paid $18/day for parking. There is a restaurant on site but I didn't eat there because I like to eat at signature Chicago restaurants there are tons of them within walking distance.Even in freezing temperatures. If you want to know anything about that area the vale drivers can help. Also Harpo studios (Oprah) is within walking distance as well,

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear Traveling4StLouiis:

It is our goal to provide a Unique Crowne Plaza experience to every guest, it appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. We also would like to thank you for providing the positive insight about our hotel regarding the microwaves and refrigerators. We do have those items upon request, however this gives us an opportunity to ensure our guests moving forward know they are available at the hoteI. I have reviewed your comments and I will share them with our General Manager as well as our hotel team. With the information received we can ensure your positive experiences will be mirrored and shared with our guests in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

Nice hotel in a great location to explore the Chicago. Walking distance to downtown and Will's Towers (formerly Sear's Towers). Few steps away from the hotel are a number of nice restaurants at the Greek island plus a couple of 24 hour super markets for any emergency needs.

The hotel itself isn't too great with basic facility and right next to busy freeway yet rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: ask for rooms away from the elevator as it becomes pretty noisy with people coming and going
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank AV_Surrey
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

This felt like a cheap hotel. The Greektown location is not ideal in my opinion (if you don’t like Greek food you’re SOL for food) but the fact that it’s a short (if not particularly pleasant) walk to the West Loop is convenient for business travelers. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Dear LaPortuguesa:

It is our goal to provide a Unique Crowne Plaza experience to every guest, unfortunately it appears that we did not totally achieve that during your stay. We also would like to thank you for providing the positive insight about our hotel as well (short walk to the West Loop for business travelers). I have reviewed your comments and I will share them with our General Manager as well as our hotel team. With the information received we can ensure this experience will not occur with you or other guests in the future.

Ronald L. Shelton II, CHA
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the United Center, where we were going to see Cirque du Soleil's Ovo.

When we arrived at the hotel, the valets greeted us and parked our car. The bellhop, Aspen, was extremely friendly. We checked in, got our room keys, and Aspen loaded our bags to take up to our floor. When we got to the 6th floor, Aspen noted that our assigned room was a corner room (which is apparently rather small) and suggested we'd be more comfortable in a larger room. He took it upon himself to go back downstairs and exchange our keys for a larger room on the same floor. We were very pleased with this.

The room itself was spacious, comfortable and had a small balcony. It was spotless and all amenities were in perfect working condition. The king bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows and soft linens. That night we had a quiet, peaceful night's sleep. We did not hear much noise either from the street or in the hallway. This is unusual because it seems many hotels have paper thin walls. Not the Crowne Plaza Metro.

The following morning, we had breakfast delivered to our room. It was delivered promptly and was piping hot. The breakfast itself was very good and we felt it was a fair value.

All in all, we were extremely pleased with the service, location, aesthetics, and amenities at the hotel. We will stay again if we have occasion to!

Room Tip: Talk to your bellhop or front desk clerk--find out if other rooms are larger!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Rottmom71,

I would like take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to offer your compliments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

It is our goal to always provide exceptional service to every guest. We see that Aspin was our Ambassador of Exceptional Service in that process. Rottmom71, based on your feedback, we are happy that you had a "Great Stay".

We value your loyalty and always will look for you to provide us with honest feedback about the service you receive at our hotel. Please be assured that I will share your comments with Aspin as well as our other our team members at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro so they can enjoy.

Whenever your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, we asked that you extend the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from our brand. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.

Ronald L. Shelton II, MBA CHA