“Great place in Greek town (and pet friendly)”

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #96 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Spent nine nights at the Crowne Plaza Metro. Staff were terrific in all aspects! Great location in Greek town--perfect for as much Greek dining as you could ever want. I used the bus routes as well as taxis for getting to work and to Michigan Ave for shopping--both were very convenient and very easy! My room was a little small, but the walk out balcony made up for everything. This is a pet friendly hotel, and being able to have my dogs with me while being away from home for over a week made my business trip much more pleasant. I'll definitely stay here on future visits.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Dear leigh1865:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.

It is our goal to provide a "Pet Friendly hotel" for our guest who travel with their companions, it appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. We thank you for allowing us to share in your experience and our hotel team will love to learn that they've impacted your experience.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback so we can improve our services.

Again, thank you for allowing us to celebrate with you. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Great staff. Wonderful rooms, with reasonable rates.

Room Tip: If traveling with another couple..spring for a suite. One gets a bedroom and one get the semi comfo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Remark504:

It is our goal to provide a "A Very Nice Hotel" experience with "A good location" to every guest, it appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. We thank you for allowing us to share in your experience and our hotel team will love to learn that they've impacted your experience. With the information regarding your suggestive feedback regarding our suites we can ensure your positive experiences will be shared with our guests in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

This hotel was awesome because we drove to Chicago and it's right off of the highway. I liked that it wasn't downtown but that cabs were cheap and readily available!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear EmilyKate123:

It is our goal to provide a "A good location" for every guest who stays with our hotel. It appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. We thank you for allowing us to share in your experience and our hotel team will love to learn that our location impacted your experience. With the information received we can ensure your positive experiences will be mirrored and shared with our guests in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

My wife and I are usually stay here using points as a way to get in the city for a weekend getaway from the suburbs. It is the best value as far as I'm concerned. Very nice atmosphere, in a great location, and nice suites. All parking is valet which is really the only inconvenience since it is $30 or $35. There is a grocery store across the street if you need anything for your stay. Walking distance to the train. A little less expensive than staying on Michigan Avenue but no less in quality. One other suggestion would be for the rooms that open up outside, hire an exterminator. There are many spiders that could easily be eliminated either from housekeeping or a weekly inspection. We really couldn't utilize that nice feature of the room.

Room Tip: Be a member of their priority club. We always get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Dear jjscott:

It is our goal to provide a "Very nice" experience to every guest, it appears that we achieved that during your stay. We thank you for informing us about your balcony experience and our hotel department responsible will learn of your feedback so we can improve in that area. With the information received we can ensure your positive experiences will be mirrored and shared with our guests in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed at Crowne Plaza Chicago in May 2011. The bedrooms are great and clean. There is coffee every morning in the front desk. The wifi is very slow, but there is a business center very good.
The hotel is well located, but we love walk...so, we are not a standard couple.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear gmayer:

It is our goal to provide a "A good hotel" experience to every guest, it appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. We thank you for allowing us to share in your experience and our hotel team will love to learn that they've impacted your experience. With the information received we can ensure your positive experiences will be mirrored and shared with our guests in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I will start by saying that I am partial to this hotel since it holds sentimental value for me. However, the whole reason we decided to hold such a special event here was because of the impeccable service, individual attention, and higher end vibe we received at the Metro. My husband and I first stayed in a suite that has a balcony that overlooks downtown Chicago. In fact, all of the rooms have full functioning balconies, something you don't see often in Chicago. The staff was very courteous and attentive. The rooms were well decorated and gave you a high end feel. I love, love, love their showers! Perfect water pressure and the hot water won't s boil you! The beds were very comfortable.

The location of the hotel is very unique and is the only large hotel in the Greek Town/ West Loop area. I love this part of Chicago. It's close to spas, shops, tons of restaurants (seriously, TONS), and is close to University of IL- Chicago (UIC), University Village, United Center, Harpo Studios, which are all fun places to visit. Downtown Chicago is literally across the street (well, highway to be exact) and is within walking distance to the Loop.

I definitely recommend this hotel for any trip to Chicago, meetings, or event.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Dear Aparad2:

It is our goal to provide a Unique Crowne Plaza experience to every guest, it appears that we totally achieved that during your stay. We thank you for allowing us to share in your wedded bliss during your stay here and our Catering/Banquets Team as well as our hotel team will love to learn that they've impacted your experience. With the information received we can ensure your positive experiences will be mirrored and shared with our guests in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Reasonable location for Chicago where we did a weekend stopover in a longer trip. Challenge #1: Arriving at 11 AM we were told the room would be available at 1:30, but when we returned at 4 we had another half hour to wait. (Response: The very apologetic and friendly staff comped our parking.) Challenge #2: the building appears to have been built for another purpose--the A/C has very aggressive/noisy split units, not central, and there appears to be no bathroom exhaust fan. Challenge #3: the breakfast included in the deal had tasteless scrambled eggs (if they were indeed real eggs) and the coffee guy never got back to us after the first cup. (Response: we left and used the coffee maker provided in the room). I'd go back, but would seek alternative accommodations first.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front/north side have a better view of the Chicago skyline, but no rooms have a direct...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear AfricaAsiaTraveller:

It is our goal to provide a Great Crowne Plaza experience to every guest, it appears that we didn't totally achieve that during your stay. Our guests are our greatest asset and we like to partner with them when we learn our services aren't to their expectations. I have reviewed your comments and I will share them with our General Manager as well as our hotel team. With the information received we can ensure we will correct these behaviors and our guests will have more positive experiences moving forward with our hotel. Please feel free to give me a call so we can discuss more ways to improve at anytime. Our goal is to invite you back and host you as a lifetime guest.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 829-5000, ext 2038.