Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$405
US$345
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$133
US$101
  • Room Service
1,162 results
All reviewsunited centerwhole foodsrandolph streetsmall balconyvalet parkingsears towerunion stationclose to downtowncab ridewithin walking distancebusiness hotelheart of downtownbusiness tripfront desk staffblue lineflat screen tvthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed here one night for business in May 2012. First, the location seems to be great, Close to downtown but not right smack in it. Just a couple blocks from great Greek Town eateries. Parking: Valet parking is $36 for the small lot right in front of the hotel. A look out the window indicates several other cheaper parking options available closeby including a $6-10 lot and at least one garage (unknown price) across from Walgreens directly to the south of the hotel. The rooms are nothing fancy - I didn't even get the "sleep good" stuff you usually get at a CP like the eye mask, ear plugs, lavendar spray, etc. Not that it mattered, but I noticed. The room was somewhat small and since I was on the 11th floor, the traffic noise wasn't too bad except when an ambulance went by a ew times. The bathroom looked in need of some TLC. I checked in at 4:30 and when I came downstairs for dinner at 6:30, was annoyed to find that the hotel has a guest reception from 5-6:30 but the front desk hadn't mentioned it to me when I checked in earlier. Would have been nice to know. I didn't eat at the attached restaurant for dinner (went for Greek nearby), but did do breakfast there the next morning. The restaurant opens at 6am, which is when I went down. No one was available to seat me, so I sat myself. I watched a waitress bring 2 tables food/drinks twice before the hostess showed up and I pointedly asked if anyone would be bringing me a menu. I had been sitting there for 20 minutes at that point, and had I not needed to eat so I could get on the road, I would have left. The breakfast was of a decent size for the pricetag, but overall I was not impressed.

Overall impression - Nothing special hotel.

1  Thank skyedobb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear skyedobb,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We are pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 May 2012

So yes, this place is in greektown, with great greek restaurants very closely located. I was in town for business, so I spent very little time in my room, other than sleep, which was disappointing, the beds are terrible! Also, the wifi is very spotty!

However, the hotel is clean, right off the highway, and very closely located to McCormick Place, so that was great. However, it is about a $10 taxi to Michigan Ave, so just keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Parking is $36, and is valet only, so just keep that in mind!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Tina S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were less than satisfactory. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

The rooms are very modern with amazing shower heads and faucets, great balcony, and comfortable beds. The Dine restaurant and bar had the most amazing service, with smiling bartender, waitresses, and hostesses. The management is top notch, stepping in to help out when things get busy, down to knowing my first name before meeting him!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed a week for business (4/30 to 5/4), as it was within 2 blocks of the office. Check in Sunday night was slow, but both gentlemen were clearly busy, so understandable. the outside of the hotel looks old, but the the lobby is nicely updated. The rooms are big, updated and clean. Each has a balcony which provided a chance to get some fresh air. A chair or two might complete the balony. The hotel is right on I94. You will notice the noise while on the balcony, but I really didn't when the sliding door was closed. I ordered room service twice. Both times dinner arrived within 30 minutes. Fish and chips were outstanding. There is a train station 4 blocks from the hotel. An easy ride to a chicago white sox game. The cubs were playing Friday afternoon, and I noticed a large group of cubs fans heading to the station, so apparently you can get to Wrigley too. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. There is also a dominicks supermarket right across the street. Overall, a great place to stay for business or pleasure!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Had dinner at the Dine restaurant at the Crown Plaza and the food was amazing..
The hostess Bree was very hospitable and the manager of the Dine John McMahon was very hospitable making sure we had everything we needed and made sure our dinner was superb
The atmosphere at the Dine is very relaxed where you can enjoy your meal without being rushed

• Stayed: April 2012