“Nice room and location”

Ranked #95 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Houston, Texas
“Nice room and location”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I was a nice stop, but it did not have much of a view. It was a little longer walk than i realized from the main activities and L. Overall it was good value and glad to be by nice greek restaurants. Just recommend to others to think about and extra 20 and stay closer to Michigan Ave.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro on TripAdvisor. We appreciate that fact that you think we are a good value hotel. Our hotel is in a prime location for guest traveling to Greek town or the West Loop. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

cselim@thechicagometro.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
USA
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Enjoyed my stay here - within walking distance of a number of restaurants, and across the street from a really neat grocery/cafe. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was great too.

Clean and comfortable, and the staff was nice. The easily caught us cabs as needed. Was too far (too cold) in the winter to walk to the Mile or Millennium Park, but for big walkers it would probably work in the summer (maybe a couple miles away).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro. We appreciate all the kind words about the hotel and our staff. I’m glad to see you enjoy your experience at our Dine restaurant as well. We hope to see you again when return to Downtown Chicago.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My family had to celebrate Christmas late to get all the family together. We Were greeted by Janita and Stracia who set the tone of our Christmas gathering. I was so pleased with their warmth and hospitality, I know the Crown Plaza is classy, but these two really made it better, good job girls, and to whoever was smart enough to hire you. Nicole as well, made this adventure more fun than we have a right too!! There are at least 8 of us who cant wait to come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro. We are so delighted that you took time out from your busy schedule to write this review. You’re very kind to say such wonderful things about our staff. I hope you enjoyed your late Christmas. We look forward to having all 8 of you return to our hotel. Enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Overall pretty good. Rooms a bit small, but clean. Staff very friendly and special perks for elite members. Walking distance to great Greek restaurants. Only negative is parking, which is a problem at any DT hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro on TripAdvisor. We all appreciate all the kind words about the hotel. I’m sorry that the parking didn’t meet your expectations and we will address your concerns with our valet company. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

First off, I am a big Marriott fan. My last stay at a Crowne was 10 years ago and I was disappointed. My company put me at this hotel and I wasn't looking forward to staying. I was totally WRONG! Crowne Plaza is SO MUCH BETTER and I will definitely request this hotel the next time I am in Chicago. I'm sorry I didn't take pictures for this review. I stayed in a standard room with two double beds. The TV was a good size and the hotel sounds (elevator, doors slamming) were not noticed at all. The hotel has a sheet covering all kinds of restaurant options and the hotel is right in the middle of Greek town with some tough choices to narrow down. Most of all, my favorite part was the best shower nozzle I have had in any hotel - it truly was a rainfall style - dense, gentle water with a great adjustable arm for all heights and angles. What totally impressed me is the wide array of Temple Spa bath products (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion and bar soaps. Sorry to the maid for asking for extras! The products smell great and are from England - and not cheap to buy. I had no idea any hotel stocked quality and expensive products from Temple. The hotel also offered packets of foot balm, night face cream and pillow spray (all Temple products and available on line) that are aromatherapy geared to help you sleep. And they work. The staff was very friendly and even helped provide me a FedEx box and arranged a pickup at the hotel instead of me walking in the bitter cold Chicago weather several blocks to the nearest FedEx. I'll be back to this hotel - just hopefully in warmer weather.

Room Tip: Pick towards the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro. I am glad that your company booked you a stay with us and we exceed your expectations. I see that you took full advantage of our new bathroom amenities. We are happy to provide extras to all guests who ask for them. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Beecher, Illinois
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed this past weekend for a family wedding that was being held in the ballroom.Great room rate with the wedding discount, just minutes from the church-was able to get early check in to get ready for evening recption. Front desk personnel most helpful as were ballroom servers, bartenders, hostesses. We had a suite for 3 family members, puulout couch had no linen, pillows, blanket-called for delivery of same-never came-guest ended up using the robes in the closet for a blanket-no linen as we got tired of waiting. Next morning, a buffet breakfast was included as a treat from the bride and groom for guests staying overnight, no room in the reserved area they had and hostess was less than cordial about seating us elsewhere in the restaurant "as she would have to wait on us then." Thats what we ended up doing so we could have our breakfast-we got our buffet food and had to appraoch her for our drinks. She eventually came around, but the damage was done by her indifferent attitude.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank barbj97
AGMCrowneMetro, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you took were able to receive a great room rate with the wedding discount. We very much appreciate the kind words about our front desk, bartenders, and ballroom staff. I can’t apologize enough on behalf of the entire team for the inconvenience you received in the restaurant. I have brought your concerns to our management team. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. We hope you give us another chance to win you over.

Cardiff
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A very clean and well presented hotel.
The room was very comfortable, clean and provided a great view of the city from the balcony.
The location was within easy walking distance of the centre of Chicago and nice bars and restaurants.
We were allowed to check in three hours early which was much appreciated as I had traveled overnight and was tired.
I will certainly book again when i return to Chicago.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro. The kind words about our hotel are very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that we were able to check you in early so you could take full advantage of our great city. The next time you are planning on returning to Chicago I would love the opportunity to help you book your reservation. Please call me anytime.