“Great Concierge Jasmine! Amazing experience”

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #99 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Having never been to Chicago I was very excited about my trip with my 15 year old son. I wanted to eat good and be sure to see all the best places. I called before I left and spoke to Jasmine who spent a half hour on the phone with me giving advice and suggestions and made me feel so much more comfortable. When we arrived, Jasmine had put together a package of information, a personal note just for my son and I of her own 'don't-miss' attractions and suggestions on where to eat. It was soooo helpful! Jasmine went above and beyond my expectation of a great hotel concierge and made our trip so great. Thank you!! Oh yes, hotel itself also wonderful and in the heart of everything. :)

Amber Lipson

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Cole M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Good Afternoon Amber L

We at Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience with us and delighted to know that you were cared for so well by Jasmine. I hope that you and your son got to enjoy our wonderful city and neighborhood as you had hoped. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cole Mansfield

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here with a group of 28 adults this past February when we were visiting Chicago. This place is fabulous! The management is great to work with and the staff are attentive to every need. I and several members of my group thoroughly enjoyed the Manager's Evening Reception. Excellent snacks and refreshments. Many terrific restaurants are within walking distance, however several of my group were very satisfied with the hotel's restaurant. The breakfast buffet was outstanding!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We at Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro appreciate you taking the time to share with us your group's experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests. It delights us to know that you rate the overall hotel service, facilities and attitude of the staff highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for a one night business trip - meetings were with a company just a couple of blocks from here, which is why I chose this hotel. The room was clean and functional - comfortable, decent size desk. Two weird things in the room: 1) the door to the bathroom was a sliding door and 2) the "door" to the closet reminded me of a shower curtain. Nothing wrong with either...just odd. The gym was decent for a hotel of this caliber. Didn't eat at the restaurant, but we had a drink at the bar - service was pretty mediocre.
In summary, I would never chose this location if I was coming to Chicago for leisure, but it served the purpose for this trip.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro. We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and we hope that you will consider staying with us again. We do have many unique opportunities within our West Loop neighborhood beyond just business.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while at a wedding in September 2013; we stayed two nights ( Friday and Saturday ) and overall, the experience was better than average;

we drove our personal vehicle to Chicago and took advantage of the onsite valet parking; this hotel allowed you to leave and return without penalty, which was beneficial because some of the area parking ramps had different policies; we thought the daily fee of $40 was high but after checking policies and prices at other nearby sites, it was about average - plus, the benefit of having the vehicle just outside the hotel made it worthwhile;

the hotel does not offer a continental breakfast but the coffee was great!

the location was ideal for downtown sightseeing and the access to and from the freeways was very good.

the staff was very friendly and helpful;

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Cole M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

We at Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience as we are always pleased to receive feedback from our valued guest. We are delighted to know that you rate the overall hotel service, facilities and attitude of the staff highly, and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The hotel was ok for a one nighter on a budget. The rooms were small and our balcony overlooked the parking lot. The employees were pleasant.
However, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT eat in the attached restaurant. There were four of us for lunch and not one meal was editable. I can usually eat anything.....not this time. I ordered a simple turkey sandwich. For some reason they toasted two slices of Italian bread, extra crisp, slapped a piece of wilted lettuce on it, and turkey. That's it. No type of dressing, nothing. I couldn't even bite into the iron toast. The other meals were just as scary.

Room Tip: A single bed room might give you more room to move around.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Cole M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback from your stay at Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro in October 2013. It is disappointing to hear that your experience in our restaurant did not meet your expectations and I have shared your feedback with our management so that we may explore ways to enhance our offerings. We have dramatically changed our culinary team as well as menus since last October when you dined with us and I can assure you that your experience today would be dramatically different than your one 4 months ago. Thank you again for your review and comments. We do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Metro for a concert. The location is ideal at it is the closest hotel to the United Center and it is very easy to find (just off I-94). Anyone who isn't a fan of driving in a large city should feel completely comfortable driving to and locating this hotel. The staff is very attentive. Our room was vert comfortable and very clean and updated. Valet was very efficient and helpful as well. I highly recommend having the hotel fetch a cab for you--it seems that they can pull some strings. There was a bad snowstorm the night we were there and when I called the cab company myself, they weren't guaranteeing service.
There's also a great place for breakfast/brunch directly across the street if you aren't up/ready in time for the hotel breakfast. Valet recommended it and we loved that too.
We will be staying here again and will not hesitate to recommend the Metro to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I traveled to Chicago for a concert and stayed the weekend at the hotel. The staff is very attentive and very helpful. The valet was busy but were very efficient and made sure everybody was taken care of. We needed a cab to get to the venue, which was close, and they got one right away for us and even escorted us over. The location of the hotel is great for those not familiar with driving downtown Chicago or looking to avoid a headache. The hotel is right off the freeway exit and easily accessible. From the hotel you can take metro, cab, or bus to downtown. When staying ask the reservation agents if your stay includes passes to the breakfast buffet. We enjoyed the free breakfast which included a variety of food. The staff at the restaurant were amazing! Very attentive and friendly. This will definitely be the hotel of choice for those weekend getaways in Chicago!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro. We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed your concert. We look forward to having you stay with us again.