Stayed one night while attending an event close by. First, I loved that it has a driveway and parking off the street...many of the downtown hotels expect you to stop in the street to unload and what a pain that is! We did opt to park in the garage ourselves for $10...they charge $22 to park for you or $39 to park in the lot...the garage is a short distance away.
Second, check in was fast with no wait. The staff was very friendly without being fake. The room was fine...we had a separate sitting room. It was clean and once we turned the a/c up, it was like a walk in fridge and that's how we like it. Some complain about the outside noise because you are right by the expressway and are downtown after all, but just set the fan in the on position and it drowns it out.
Third, room service and food. We ordered the BLT and fries and it arrived in about 15 mins. It was pretty good. We also ate in the cafe downstairs for breakfast and it was okay...pancakes are to die for!!!
Lastly, we had the shuttle package which included drinks and appetizers. We were told to be in the lobby at a certain time. We went down and realized we didn't have enough time for a drink let alone appetizers. It would have been nice if they told us to come down a half hour earlier to partake...miscommunication on both sides I suppose. While the shuttle takes you to the United Center, you have to find your own way back...would not be happy about that during less pleasant weather...maybe it's something they can change.
Overall, I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza West Loop. Crowne Plaza West Loop, the closest hotel to the United Center, is a winning choice for your lodging needs. Nestled in the shadow of the Willis Tower, the Crowne Plaza West Loop is centrally located to many of Chicago's finest attractions. Just blocks from the Loop, and Michigan Ave./Magnificent Mile shopping, Adler Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago and Navy Pier are located a short distance away. From its brilliantly designed architecture, sleek modern interiors, masterfully appointed guest rooms and numerous amenities, the Crowne Plaza West Loop is the perfect choice for the discerning traveler. Experience our highly acclaimed restaurant Dine, with eclectic cuisine to fit every palate served in a charming retro diner atmosphere with an upbeat contemporary style. Our event space and outstanding service make Crowne Plaza West Loop The Place to Meet. Our Crowne Meetings Director coordinates every detail of your event, making us the favorite for wedding, conference, banquet and meeting planners. The Crowne Plaza West Loop is everything you expect, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago - The Metro Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro