“Satisfactory hotel near Amtrak”

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #96 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Seattle
“Satisfactory hotel near Amtrak”
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We stayed in this hotel two nights before we boarded a train for home. It was adequate. We had some trouble with the shower. After they fixed it , it was much worse. But they did credit us with one night stay when we complained. We were a little further from town that we thought. But it is on a direct busline right into town. It was very easy. My husband is disabled and he could drive the scooter we rented right onto any of the buses very easily.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krisnest
MMeadows, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 29 October 2009
October 29, 2009

Dear krisnest:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us.

It is our goal to provide exceptional service to every guest, unfortunately it is appears that we did not achieve that during your stay. I apologize that you had such issues with your shower. It is our goal when there is a problem to correct it or the night is free. We hope the adjustment to your bill will encourage you to visit our property again in the future! I am also glad you found our public transportation via the #8 Halsted and #20 Madison bus stops to be convenient and efficient. In the future keep in mind that we are also very close the Blue Line at UIC/Halsted stop.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service they receive at our hotel. Please be assured that I will use your comments to assist our continuous improvement efforts here at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 602-2113.

e. mmeadows@thechicagometro.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Our Amtrak train was delayed due to flooding and we were given a room here. Now the hotel itself was great. Clean rooms and flat screen tv's. My problem was at check in. Amtrak pays for the rooms for its guests. This hotel was telling the Amtrak passengers that they would have to post a deposit of 50 dollars. Now Amtrak does not allow any hotel to collect deposits from distressed passengers. This was not a problem for me but some passengers did not have the 50 dollars. The front desk staff were not friendly at check in. I am a Priority Club Gold member and they told me that only Platinum members get breakfast coupons. Not friendly at all.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
MMeadows, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 22 October 2009
October 22, 2009

Dear westindan:

It is our goal to provide exceptional service to every guest, unfortunately it is appears that we did not achieve that during your stay. We value our relationship with Amtrak and distressed passengers and we require a highly reduced deposit when using cash of $50 versus or normal $250. I apologize if this caused any discomfort for you; as that truly isn’t the intent.

I also would like to recognize your loyalty as a Platinum Member with Intercontinental Hotels. We provide our Platinum guests with a complimentary cocktail in our lounge and 10% off lunch and dinner in our property. Our front desk also shares our commitment to excellence and I am truly sorry to hear that you were not treated in the manner you should have been during check-in; your comments have been shared with our team.

utah
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Beds too small for two people. The hotel and rooms were clean and nice.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
October 22, 2009

Dear: princesscyndyrella

It is our goal to provide exceptional service to every guest, unfortunately it is appears that we did not achieve that during your stay. Our guest rooms feature either one king or two double beds. I apologize that you did not deem this acceptable for your accommodations. In the future please let me know if I can accommodate your needs as this is our ultimate goal.

Austin
Reviewed 12 October 2009

This hotel is really great overall - we were pleasantly surprised. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel location is great - just 2 blocks outside the Loop, but still centrally located for walking. It's just two blocks from Greektown, one block from a Walgreen's and one block from a Dominick's (full grocery) - which couldn't be more convenient once you realize you've forgotten to pack certain items! (Or want a bottle of wine in your room!) Lots of great restaurants a mere three blocks away on Randolph St.

The rooms were very stylish, sizeable and the beds are killer - extremely comfortable. Room even had a flat-screen TV! The hotel even has BALCONIES - a rarity in this day and age of hotel windows that don't even open due to liability issues! The only strange thing was the bathroom - it was very odd. The sink/counter were situated in the corner, so the mirror was split left and right - very little counter space to work with and the faucet was offset to the left of the sink instead of centered. Kinda seemed like the Mad Hatter designed the whole thing, but you could work around it once you got used to it. Shower arm also bizarrely set up, but again, not a huge big deal.

Considering we got a fantastic last-minute rate on the internet (right before the marathon no less!), we really got our money's worth. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
MMeadows, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 17 October 2009
October 17, 2009

Dear jimmylegs74:

I would like take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to offer your compliments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

It is our goal to always provide exceptional service to every guest. Based on your feedback, it appears that we did just that during your stay with us.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service they receive at our hotel. Please be assured that I will post your comments in our Service Success area for all of the team members at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments. Should your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, I ask that you extend the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from our brand. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at (312) 602-2113.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 September 2009

This hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The shower was awesome! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
MMeadows, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 26 September 2009
September 26, 2009

Dear ginamarina:

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 16 September 2009

The worst chain hotel experience ever. Rock hard bed was the worst. My arms fell asleep before I did. Lots of noise from the adjacent freeway and room next door. The airconditioner was old and loud. Small poorly lit room was made worse by inoperative lights. I am told this was low-income housing before they slapped a coat of paint and carpeted it. And it's expensive to boot! Such a bad choice. There are so many other good hotel options nearby -- choose any other but this.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Jonathan622
Dear Jonathan622:

It is our goal to provide exceptional service to every guest, unfortunately it is appears that we did not achieve that during your stay. I have reviewed your comments and have taken corrective steps to ensure the guest who stays in this room next has a positive experience. We are ranked in the top 5% of our brand and value your response.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service and product quality they receive at our hotel. Please be assured that I will use your comments to assist our continuous improvement efforts here at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

Indiana
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We only stayed here one night and we loved the room. We had a king room and the bed was very comfortable. The room was updated and modern. Everything seemed really clean in our room. They did charge me for local calls which I thought was ridiculous and the buffett breakfast is a rip off, go somewhere else for breakfast and save $15.95 a person. I liked that we were able to use the balcony. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
MMeadows, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 27 August 2009
Dear Guest:

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service they receive at our hotel. We also appreciate you mentioning your thoughts on breakfast and local-phone call charges. I would also like to make you aware that we are in the process of changing our restaurant concept. Our current restaurant Dine will be changing in atmosphere, name and menu. The new restaurant will be called Neighbors Kitchen. We look forward to you having the opportunity to experience this new concept, which will arrive in late fall.