“loved this hotel”

Ranked #94 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
NYC & Sparti, Greece
“loved this hotel”
Reviewed 28 November 2010

i stayed here last year for 2 nights with a big group from greece and we loved the location!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
MichaelZwolinski, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
Dear annoulzz,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to offer your compliments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

We value the loyalty of all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service they receive at our hotel. Please be assured that I will post your comments in our Service Success area for all of the team members at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments. Should your travels bring you back to Chicago in the future, I ask that you extend the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro another opportunity to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This hotel is one of few I have been in with a balcony. The hotel is next to a freeway so expect some noise if the window is open but otherwise we had no problems and I loved the view of the city and being close to greektown which is nice to walk around.
Next to the hotel is a walgreens and an overpriced supermarket. Buses stop outsid eteh hotel and it is only 10mins by bus to downtown.
The hotel is nicely fitted and has a restaurant we had breakfast in one day for free as Priority Club members but they ended up charging us by mistake this was corrected after an email to them.
I would stay here again if I was in Chicago as I liked the area and it had more life than Downtown which is lifeless during the holidays or weekends.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DlrowTraveler
Atlanta
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Stayed here one night for business in September because the normal Chicago hotel I use was booked. The location was convenient. The check in was fine although the staff wasn't as friendly or helpful as I was hoping. One thing I don't like about Crowne Plaza's in general is no water in the room, and having to resort to the vending machines on the floor. For business travelers that is pretty annoying. I ordered room service and it was quite good and have no complaints there. The fitness center was small, and multiple machines were broken but there was one working elliptical and one treadmill.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank lovelabslots
Dear lovelabslots,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us. It is our goal to provide exceptional service to every guest, but unfortunately it appears that we did not achieve that during your stay.

We value the loyalty of all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service they received at our hotel. Please be assured that I will use your comments to assist our continuous improvement efforts here at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro. Thank you.

Redford, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2010

We booked this hotel because it was definitely within walking distance to Harpo Studios. The hotel is nice, service was good, no complaints really. However for the price, there was nothing special about the hotel. It's about 1 1/2 miles from the downtown shopping area (less than a 10 minute cab drive) and there's really nothing around the area that's worth walking to. We would only book this hotel again if we were going back to see Oprah but otherwise we'd stay downtown for maybe a 3-star hotel for less. The hotel was nice enough though to allow us to have late check out at 1pm for no additional cost. Valet parking is $32/day to park in a lot that's a 1minute walk to the front door. Overall, we did have a pleasant experience at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ILoveChicago123
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Drove up from Atlanta 22 of October to visit my best friend & the drive was amazingly long but all thoughts of tiredness went out the door when my boyfriend & I saw what great accommodations were reserved for us. The hotel was in a great location,the price was unmatched by any,relatively close to downtown,the staff was definitely on point & OMG the beds felt like laying on a million little fingers massaging me to sleep. We were expecting the weather to be a little on the chilly side but it stayed quite comfortable & being able to stroll the magnificent mile without heavy coats was A-1. Once back at the hotel we found the view & the setting to be very romantic (even with a wedding going on they made us feel as important as the bride & groom),the room was gorgeous,the bathroom beautiful & the memories forever remembered ! Can't wait until my next visit !

• Stayed October 2010
MichaelZwolinski, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Dear indaystime,

I would like take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to offer your compliments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro.

We value the loyalty of our all of our guests and always look to them to provide us with honest feedback about the service they receive at our hotel. Please be assured that I will post your comments in our Service Success area for all of the team members at the Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro to enjoy.

New Berlin, IL
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We wanted to celebrate a 'special' birthday week-end for my wife, and it couldn't have been better. Our two sons and spouses joined us at the hotel for the week-end and the staff at the hotel made it wonderful. We were able to get beautiful rooms on the same floor and even checked in a little early. I had forgotten my kit with toothbrush, tooth paste, razor, shaving cream and deoderant. No problem - front desk had a complimentary kit brought to my room. After a day of shopping, a musical and dinner celebration, we were able to return to our hotel for a wonderfully quiet, comfortable night's sleep. And the delicious buffet breakfast Sunday morning was 'grand'. I/we highly recommend this hotel to anyone headed to downtown Chicago!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Sdanj,

Streamwood, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Great location on edge of Greektown and lovely modern rooms. The entire staff was eager to help from the moment we got out of the car to check in. We were able to check in early and the process was extremely quick. Rooms are well appointed with nice furniture, desk with internet access, and huge king sized bed. We had a great view of downtown from the balcony too. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and everything was great. Would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Metro to anyone for leisure or business; we will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
MichaelZwolinski, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 6 November 2010
Dear jusmith27,