“Friendly Staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #120 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I arrived at the hotel with 3 other associates and we were promptly greeted by Paige, a very high energy front desk clerk. Her vibrant energy was a nice change of pace from other hotel experiences I have had. She even called my room to see if everything was as I expected and whether I needed anything. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only detractor was the noise from the airport which should be expected for an airport hotel. Breakfast was decent and the attendant was friendly. Close proximity to local amenities (TGIF's across the parking lot.

Room Tip: rooms toward the front of the hotel offer a view of the downtown skyline on a clear day.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paige C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I am pleased to say that I was person who checked you and your friends in. Our entire team truly loves seeing our hotel guests happy. We love being apart of a great experience! Regarding the airport noise, I am very sorry if you had any inconvenience with this. If you are back in the Chicago-land area, we hope you will come and stay again with us.

Again, thank you so much for providing your feedback! If you have any additional feedback, please let me know! I love to learn from our guests.

paige.chodur@whitelodging.com

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel is just fine. The hotel staff were very courteous and the rooms are nice. The hotel is in a good location to Midway airport and we got decent price for the park, sleep and fly (14 days of parking included which is more than other hotels in the area). The problem was the shuttle. We had a 6am flight so planned to take the 4:40am shuttle. There is one shuttle that serves all the hotels in the complex and it appears that the Fairfield is one of the last stops. Apparently the shuttle was full before getting to our hotel so it never came. There were at least 10 people waiting. The 5am shuttle never came either so we ended up hailing a cab which we were fortunate to find that early in the morning. We would have missed our flight except for the cab. Granted this was spring break but it seems the hotels should expect heavier traffic since they are booking these park, sleep, fly rooms and have more shuttles available.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank cch42
Paige C, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Good Evening,

Thank you for allowing our team host you while you were on your way to your vacation. We are so sorry the shuttle drivers missed our hotel stop! If you are avaialble to talk, I would love if you could call and ask for Paige to discuss this situation. Although there was difficulty with the shuttle service, I am happy to hear our hotel and team was not concern! We truly care about our guests and the journeys they take. Please do not hesistate to contact me. I am truly here for you!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Clean, simple, convenient. Had an early flight out of Midway, so we stayed overnight at the Fairfield Inn. The free shuttle ran every 20 minutes and the drivers were great about loading and unloading our bags. The front desk agent when we chedked in was very welcoming and offered us snacks. She also told us that they had free water and breakfast bars for those of us who had to leave before the (EXTENSIVE) free continental breakfast was set up. Room was simple and clean. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was very clean. Only complaint is that the water pressure in the shower was low. That's all to common in hotels nowadays, though. HIGHLY recommend to anyone flying in or out of Midway.

This is NOT a good hotel for Chicago sightseeing. This is a hotel meant for travelers passing through Midway.

Room Tip: Higher floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Good evening!

Thank you so much for providing your feedback about our hotel! We appreciate you highly recommending our hotel to others! We strive to be the cleaniest and friendliest hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please know that we welcome you back with open arms if you are ever in need of a hotel! Have a beautiful day.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My husband and I stay at this hotel last spring on a quick business trip up to Chicago. We had an early flight back out the next morning. So staying close to the airport at a hotel that had a shuttle was important. The Fairfield Inn was perfect.

While the location is in the perfect location for the airport, there is not much in an easy walking distance to the hotel. So if you are staying there, you need to either rent a car or call a cab if you want to go out and about.

We felt very safe at the hotel. There are some not so good areas around Midway, but the hotel is well lit and shares a parking lot with another Marriott hotel.

The hotel itself was perfect for our needs. The room was large with a king bed and a nice work area. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom has a great setup with a separate sink area. This made getting ready much easier in the morning as one person could be out at the sink while the other was showering.

Overall, we had a very nice stay at the Fairfield Inn. If we ever have a quick night up and back, we'll probably stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Good Evening!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our Fairfield Inn and Suites on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Although your visit was short, we are happy it was sweet! We welcome you back if you are ever in the area and in need of a hotel! Please consider me and the rest of the Fairfield Inn and Suites team members at your service!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Checked-in late after driving through a snowstorm. Service desk attendant was effective but impersonal. Maybe she was wanting to get me through the check-in process to get me on my way faster. Excellent location but I was unimpressed with the amenities - outdated lobby and room furniture, bathroom sink was very small in my opinion. I slept fine but the bed and linens were not up to my usual standard, but felt okay after a long drive into town. Breakfast was delicious as usual for Marriott properties; the attendant was pleasant. I was in town for a funeral and there was a threat of another snow storm - I did not want to get delayed so I opted to check-out and drive closer back in towards home. I would have stayed the 2nd night of my stay if not for threat of bad weather but I probably will not book this particular hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SedinaP, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Barb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and i will use your feedback to improve in those areas. I am glad that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and thank you for the compliments regarding our breakfast attendant . We truly appreciate your business and hope to have a chance to serve you again in the future!
All the best!

Sedina Pivac

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We booked this hotel for a stay before an extended trip out of Midway. Our arrival and check in was great, easy and fast. We requested a handicap room and was given one on the ground floor and less than 70 feet from the main lobby - nice! Room was very spacious and laid out nicely for hubby's scooter. The shower set up was very good, great pressure, lots of grab bars, shower stool in the room. Only gripe is it has a very small sink and no where in the bathroom to set out your things, no vanity or shelving to put your toiletries, a bit difficult to use them. Room was very clean, lots of places to plug in charging items, and the mattress was very comfortable, fell right asleep and that is rare for me in strange places.

Breakfast was out of this world and the woman who was taking care of it was a doll, helping my husband with anything he needed, though I was right there. She made my husband feel like a VIP! Didn't get there in time to use the pool or hot tub, but we definitely will make sure we do next time. We highly recommend this property for anyone, disabled or not, and park and fly option was great!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kristina F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! We strive to make sure every guest experiences the best service possible.

We hope to see you again during your next trip to Chicago!

Kristina

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is an excellent location to stay, all the staff are warm and nice, it really makes you feel like home outside home. The perfect location, near from midway avoids to be stuck on Chicago's traffic, thanks to the shuttle service!

Best regards.

Rodrigo Gonzalez

Room Tip: I have stayed in 3rd, 5fth and first floor and whatever is ok. All of them are just fine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kristina F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Mr. Gonzalez,

Thank you so much for your feedback during your stay at Fairfield Midway, we appreciated all your business!

I am glad the hotel was a perfect location and you utilized our shuttle.

I will be sure to inform my staff of their great work at making you feel at home!

All the Best,

Kristina F

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
#114 of 191 in Chicago
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!