Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #51 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Miami, Florida
“Great Value”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years. Its location in the Loop is very convenient for me. The staff is excellent. They are very friendly and professional.The room is quite large with a very comfortable bed. The rate is very reasonable for this location and the class of hotel. I look forward to my next visit.

1 Thank Jeff G
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments! We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. You are right about our location; we love being in the heart of Chicago! We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback about our clean hotel and friendly staff. Our team works hard to exceed guest satisfaction; we will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

No frills really, pretty simple stuff. Good welcome, quick check in. Clean room. Free wifi. Decent bed. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Was polar vortex time so asked for an extra blanket as heater is a bit noisy, they had it up to my room in minutes.

Breakfast buffet is decent, though not cheap. Make sure you ask the reception staff before you go out for food etc as they have loads of discount vouchers for local spots.

All in all, pretty good!

Room Tip: lifts can be busy, so maybe easier on a lower floor? Not sure it'll make much difference though...
2 Thank Paul S
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We appreciate all of your kind words about our staff and the hotel. Our Concierge team definitely has many great discount options for some of Chicago's best restaurants so we are happy you were able to utilize the vouchers! We're so sorry you had to experience the polar vortex! Hopefully the next time you come visit us here in Chicago it will be sunny and warm! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Mag Mile for your stay in the very chilly Windy City!
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel over a very snowy weekend in Chicago. The rooms were lovely and big, with very comfortable beds as well. Plus the location can't be beat! With a Starbucks in the lobby and a Garrett popcorn shop literally next door, it's a wonderful way to start the day of shopping on the Magnificent Mile. Staff were very friendly and happily stored our luggage and arranged an airport transfer for us as well. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Chicago

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are so thrilled you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable. We couldn't agree with you more on our location; Starbucks in our lobby, Garrett's Popcorn a door step away, and the Magnificent Mile just half a block for the best shopping and sites! We appreciate all your kind words about our staff and we will be sure to share your feedback with the team. We can't wait for your next stay with us!
Hudson, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My daughters and I stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel is in a great location for shopping on the Magnificent Mile and is near wonderful restaurants. The lobby is small, but functional and the Starbucks inside the hotel is a great amenity. We had a room with two double beds that was very spacious and clean. However, what truly put our weekend over the top was a thoughtful gesture by Ryan, who checked us in. He asked if we were visiting Chicago for a special occasion and I briefly commented that it was my daughter's 16th birthday. Upon arriving back from a night of shopping and sight-seeing we discovered that cookies, sodas and some snacks along with a birthday card for my daughter had been delivered to our room. Special touches like this are not the norm nowadays and we are delighted to have found a hotel in Chicago that puts service at the top. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank REW4
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for your courteous feedback! It’s our pleasure to host your stay in Chicago and we enjoy hearing how wonderful of a time you had during your stay. We are glad you found our team to be friendly and helpful and the rooms to be clean and spacious. You are correct; we are only one stop away from Garrett's Popcorn and half a block from the Magnificent Mile. It sounds like you and your daughters had a wonderful time. Our team works hard to make every guest feel welcome and we are so happy to hear your positive comments. We hope you come back and stay with us again.
Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I liked my stay at this hotel quite a bit. The location is excellent, steps from the Magnificent Mile and close to lots of good eateries and shopping. The room was spacious and nicely appointed and, surprisingly, had a fridge and microwave. The fitness center did the trick and I appreciated the Starbucks downstairs. A distinguishing feature for me is that the staff were super friendly and helpful. They really made me feel like a special guest. I had dealings with a couple of doormen, the housekeeping manager (who checked me in--she was downright exuberant in her welcoming, which I loved), and several front desk people. They were all great and deserve kudos.

The only failing I can think of is that the wifi was not good. It may gave been just in my room, but I found that I kept losing the signal and that it was impossible to use when I was in bed. As I needed access for work, it was somewhat annoying to have to lose the signal so often. There would have been no way to use Skype or Facetime, say, which I need to do occasionally when I'm traveling. Nevertheless, there is no question that I will return to this hotel the next time I am in Chicago.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and found our room’s comfortable, location convenient and staff friendly! Our team works hard to exceed all guest expectations and to make everyone feel at home. Starbucks is always a great pick-me-up when starting the day! We will be sure to share all of your kind and delightful words with our staff. The wireless is definitely a key element especially for those traveling on business so I would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulties you experienced. We have passed along your feedback with our Engineering Department so we can work towards better Wi-Fi connections. We hope to see you again soon and thank you!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel is in a great location, a block from the heart of the Magnificent Mile. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Could use a little better lighting and a fan in the bathroom.

The staff is superb! Very friendly and courteous. The woman who checked us in gave us a free upgrade. Woohoo!

We received a fantastic deal from the Courtyard website! $250 for 2 nights that included valet parking with in and out privileges, which is AMAZING if you've ever paid for parking in Chicago...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate all your kind words regarding our staff and rooms! Our location is perfect for seeing all the best sites in Chicago, close to shopping, and minutes away from the best restaurants! We will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff as it is very much appreciated. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Sugar Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 9 January 2014

After an initial glitch with our reservation (Bookings.com) Shanti at the front desk could not have
been more accommodating to my daughter and I. The rest of the staff was very warm and helpful, too. As a frequent traveler, I would recommend your hotel wholeheartedly!

Room Tip: Book directly through Marriott. Same rate, no miscommunications.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackie D
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We would like to apologize for the troubles you experienced upon check-in! We are so thrilled to hear that you found our staff accommodating and helpful. As a team we strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and we are happy we met all of your needs. We will be sure to pass on your generous comments to our staff. We thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us in the Windy City!