“Was here for training! Stayed to play!”

Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #51 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Was here for training! Stayed to play!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is right in the heart of the city! The room was clean comfortable and nicely appointed. Ryan took great care of my check in and made sure my stay was great! Ryan even arranged for a cab back to the airport at almost half the cost of getting there! Eric in the bar knew all of our names within minutes and knew our drinks night after night! Kudos to the management and staff!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. We couldn't agree with you more on our location, we truly are centered in the heart of the city! Our staff works extremely hard to exceed all guest expectations and we are thrilled to hear Ryan and Eric gave you that experience. We will be sure to pass on your kind and thoughtful words to our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us here in the Windy City!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I picked this motel because of its proximity to Michigan Ave and the Art Institute. We came to celebrate our daughter's birthday and wanted to be able to park on Friday and walk around all weekend. We were a block off the Magnificent Mile and exactly one mile from the Art Institute, which was an enjoyable walk right down Michigan Ave. Our motel room was very clean and comfortable. We were able to get adjoining rooms with connecting doors, which not many motels in the area seem to offer. The staff was friendly and helpful, and our rooms were very quiet at night. If you don't need a luxury motel, this has everything you need...including Baskin Robbins, Dunkin' Donuts and a popcorn store all right next to you for those late night snacks-beats a motel vending machine anytime!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 19mel58
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience! We couldn't agree with you more on our location; just 1/2 a block from the Magnificent Mile, steps away from Chicago's best sites and restaurants! We are so happy to hear you and your family found our rooms to be clean and comfortable during your stay. Our staff works hard to exceed all guest expectations. We will be sure to pass on your generous words to the staff. We hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday and hope she enjoyed the Windy City! We look forward to your next visit with us.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years. Its location in the Loop is very convenient for me. The staff is excellent. They are very friendly and professional.The room is quite large with a very comfortable bed. The rate is very reasonable for this location and the class of hotel. I look forward to my next visit.

1 Thank Jeff G
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments! We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. You are right about our location; we love being in the heart of Chicago! We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback about our clean hotel and friendly staff. Our team works hard to exceed guest satisfaction; we will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

No frills really, pretty simple stuff. Good welcome, quick check in. Clean room. Free wifi. Decent bed. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Was polar vortex time so asked for an extra blanket as heater is a bit noisy, they had it up to my room in minutes.

Breakfast buffet is decent, though not cheap. Make sure you ask the reception staff before you go out for food etc as they have loads of discount vouchers for local spots.

All in all, pretty good!

Room Tip: lifts can be busy, so maybe easier on a lower floor? Not sure it'll make much difference though...
2 Thank Paul S
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We appreciate all of your kind words about our staff and the hotel. Our Concierge team definitely has many great discount options for some of Chicago's best restaurants so we are happy you were able to utilize the vouchers! We're so sorry you had to experience the polar vortex! Hopefully the next time you come visit us here in Chicago it will be sunny and warm! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Mag Mile for your stay in the very chilly Windy City!
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel over a very snowy weekend in Chicago. The rooms were lovely and big, with very comfortable beds as well. Plus the location can't be beat! With a Starbucks in the lobby and a Garrett popcorn shop literally next door, it's a wonderful way to start the day of shopping on the Magnificent Mile. Staff were very friendly and happily stored our luggage and arranged an airport transfer for us as well. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Chicago

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are so thrilled you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable. We couldn't agree with you more on our location; Starbucks in our lobby, Garrett's Popcorn a door step away, and the Magnificent Mile just half a block for the best shopping and sites! We appreciate all your kind words about our staff and we will be sure to share your feedback with the team. We can't wait for your next stay with us!
Hudson, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My daughters and I stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel is in a great location for shopping on the Magnificent Mile and is near wonderful restaurants. The lobby is small, but functional and the Starbucks inside the hotel is a great amenity. We had a room with two double beds that was very spacious and clean. However, what truly put our weekend over the top was a thoughtful gesture by Ryan, who checked us in. He asked if we were visiting Chicago for a special occasion and I briefly commented that it was my daughter's 16th birthday. Upon arriving back from a night of shopping and sight-seeing we discovered that cookies, sodas and some snacks along with a birthday card for my daughter had been delivered to our room. Special touches like this are not the norm nowadays and we are delighted to have found a hotel in Chicago that puts service at the top. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank REW4
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for your courteous feedback! It’s our pleasure to host your stay in Chicago and we enjoy hearing how wonderful of a time you had during your stay. We are glad you found our team to be friendly and helpful and the rooms to be clean and spacious. You are correct; we are only one stop away from Garrett's Popcorn and half a block from the Magnificent Mile. It sounds like you and your daughters had a wonderful time. Our team works hard to make every guest feel welcome and we are so happy to hear your positive comments. We hope you come back and stay with us again.
Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I liked my stay at this hotel quite a bit. The location is excellent, steps from the Magnificent Mile and close to lots of good eateries and shopping. The room was spacious and nicely appointed and, surprisingly, had a fridge and microwave. The fitness center did the trick and I appreciated the Starbucks downstairs. A distinguishing feature for me is that the staff were super friendly and helpful. They really made me feel like a special guest. I had dealings with a couple of doormen, the housekeeping manager (who checked me in--she was downright exuberant in her welcoming, which I loved), and several front desk people. They were all great and deserve kudos.

The only failing I can think of is that the wifi was not good. It may gave been just in my room, but I found that I kept losing the signal and that it was impossible to use when I was in bed. As I needed access for work, it was somewhat annoying to have to lose the signal so often. There would have been no way to use Skype or Facetime, say, which I need to do occasionally when I'm traveling. Nevertheless, there is no question that I will return to this hotel the next time I am in Chicago.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Director_of_Sales_CY, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and found our room’s comfortable, location convenient and staff friendly! Our team works hard to exceed all guest expectations and to make everyone feel at home. Starbucks is always a great pick-me-up when starting the day! We will be sure to share all of your kind and delightful words with our staff. The wireless is definitely a key element especially for those traveling on business so I would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulties you experienced. We have passed along your feedback with our Engineering Department so we can work towards better Wi-Fi connections. We hope to see you again soon and thank you!