“Awesome 30th Birthday!”

Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #111 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This was by far a wonderful stay. The view of the Chicago River was amazing, and the hotel was clean, chic, and best of all, EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, on staff was extremely friendly, and welcoming. The bar, Angels & Kings, was great; the bartender was funny and really knew his stuff! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank galiza23
HardRockMGR, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

We are thrilled that we could provide you with a welcoming staff and a chic hotel! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2011

The hotel is housed in an older building which was quite nice & the location was excellent. However, the rooms were just ok & if it wasn't for the awesome discount we got on the room, probly wouldn't book here again. The bathroom had some issues with the toilet & the walls are also a bit thin.

One plus was the concierge was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us... We will do our best to address the issues that you have brought up.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Picked up a good deal online for this property and was happy with the result. As with pretty much all downtown Chicago hotels, parking was outrageous (over $50 per night), but the location was very good and the hotel was nice. In-hotel dining options are limited, but with Morton's steakhouse next door and Giordanos across the road, there's something for everyone within a block. Walgreens across the street is super convenient for forgotten items or a quick snack - they even had some fresh fruit!

Room was nice and quiet. Bathroom lighting was poor and I could have done without the creepy giant picture of Marilyn Manson staring at me while I was in bed. I heard from a friend that other rooms featured other entertainers - evidently part of the hotel is restored to a more original condition and part features different performers.

Overall I liked the hotel but found it fairly average compared to other Michigan Ave hotels. The club/bar seemed like a fun place if you're young and still in to really loud music / no conversation with your guest.

Room Tip: Avoid the ice machine - it's loud.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

We are so glad that you were able to explore our city while enjoying the hotel! It sounds like you had a great time here and we hope to see you again during your next visit!

Reviewed 2 July 2011

We were definately tourists coming into Chicago. We wanted to see it all, and did. The hard rock is close to millenium park, a longer walk to navy pier and the museum district, but not a bad cab fare if you want to be a little lazy. Also right at the end of the magnificent mile. The service was great. We arrived early because we traveled by train. When we tried to check in at 1:00 they said our room was not ready, but they could upgrade us and get us in. This was our first trip to Chicago and our 2nd anniversary. We mentioned this at the front desk and they sent up a bottle of delicious champagne that night! The concierge gave us great recommendations for places to eat and where to see fireworks, which was the most spectacular place we could have found. Cabs were easy to get from here and the bus runs by all day. I recommend going during the Taste of Chicago. It was amazing.

Room Tip: Corner room was great. The higher the better.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lulustork

It sounds like you came to Chicago at a great time! We are so glad we could make your stay special with the champagne enhancements and we hope you decide to stay with us again during your next visit!

Reviewed 1 July 2011

3 night stay in a 'Deluxe room' ended up being on the 7th floor overlooking the roof of the adjacent building and it's noisy industrial airconditioner. I enquired at reception about shifting rooms and was brushed off and told that is 'Deluxe'. I ended up buying earplugs! Rooms are minimal and simply furnished. Fitess room is very basic and business centre was closed for 'renovation' - the room was empty, no carpet and stripped. Bar/restaurant over the road was excellent and hotel is walking distance to most interests/transport/airport transfers.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from adjacent property/air con.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us... We are glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel... We hope you are able to stay with us again once the hotel is completely renovated!

Reviewed 29 June 2011

My husband and I came to Chicago last weekend to attend my nieces wedding. Out of town guests were blocked in Rooms at the Whitehall. I found a deal with Travelzoo and took advantage of a great weekend promotionla rate at the Hard Rock and I am glad I did.
We were welcomed by a nice young man, I believe his nametag said "JP" - who honored my request and found an outstanding room with a magnificent view. Room 2702 in the tower could not have asked for a better view - clear shot of Michagan Ave and so beautiful in the evening. The room was huge, clean and the windows opened! I loved it. Housekeeping was right on top of it with fresh towels, bathrobe, soaps, shampoos.....I could go on. Most importand comfortable feather beds!
JP gave us a map and explained everything that we needed to know. The concierge was so helpful as well and friendly. Sunday afternoon as we were leaving a wonderful young lady at the desk took pictures for us and gave us guitars.....felt like a rock star! I didn't get her name because I was so excited....afterwards during the taxi ride to the wedding both my husband and I wished that we tipped her (sorry - caught up in the moment).

Didn't have time to try the restaurants. The coffee and the newspaper in the lobby every morning was a nice touch. This is the most friendly hotel that I have ever stayed at. If we go to Chicago again I am absolutely staying here again. (I hope my niece and her husband have a baby soon :) )

This hotel is in walking distance (if you like to walk) to The river walk (must take the architectural boat cruise), Navy Pier, Milennium park (They had a Saturday Zumba class there - so cool!), Grant Park, John Hancock Bldg (gotta have a cocktail at night in the lounge), Oak Street Beach and of course glorius Michagan Ave.

Loved Chicago and Loved the Hard Rock!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LaurieSyracuseNY

We are thrilled that you appreciated and enjoyed the staff here! It sounds like you and your guests had a great time here... Keep checking out our website for some promotional rates we may have, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2011

The staff was great! We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary. The hotel sent up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and free drinks to the bar. We had room service for breakfast every morning, though it was expensive, it was worth it! Room was clean and excellent service! No pool. The restaurant was very good but expensive, portions were small and you left hungry. Lots of restaurants in walking distance and the hotel is close to a lot of attractions and the boat taxi.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shuttermother

We are so glad you were able to celebrate such a special occasion with us! Also, we are happy we could enhance your stay with the champagne and strawberryies... Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!